Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After completing the wiring relocate yesterday in preparation for the new headlight install,I thought I`d sit back and relax today.But with an extra hour of daylight and a break in the rain,I went ahead and modded my pipes some more. :lgh: More BARK,less BULK. :-D

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeff,it wasn`t too bad,but could have been helpful to have a manual/wiring diagram.

I moved the rectifier down to the horn location and routed its harness down the right side,along with the right grip and key switch harnesses.Everything else goes down the left side.I removed a few unused plugs and shortened the wires in a couple harnesses,but only ran into one headscratching problem.Got it all re-bundled and the hand brake wouldn`t activate the brake light.The foot brake worked fine.So undid everything and found that Triumph used quite a few doubleback wiring loops to piss off the old guys. :mad: The hand brake switch doubles back to one of the AI plugs of all things. Should get it finished tomorrow when the headlight [4-1/2 DOT halogen] and the Kuryakyn running/turn module arrive.Already have the small halogen SilverBullets ready to go. :-D

·
Registered
289 Posts
*****.. you sure do have a lot of Tidy Cats..

Nice job with the wiring.. it's one of those things that I can't stand.. There's enough wiring on this bike to keep a 747 in flight.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice work on the wiring....

The Tidy cat buckets are very handy. My wife and I have three cats running around here so I am never looking for a bucket. Course every so often I have to buy it in the jugs since they make good containers for used motor oil.

Side benefits of having cats i guess.... :razz:

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2007-03-11 20:56, Grigsby wrote:
Nice work on the wiring....

The Tidy cat buckets are very handy. My wife and I have three cats running around here so I am never looking for a bucket. Course every so often I have to buy it in the jugs since they make good containers for used motor oil.

Side benefits of having cats i guess.... :razz:
:-D

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sweat thats very insensitive.How would I know it was morning without cat puke in/on my shoes? :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
959 Posts
On 2007-03-11 22:31, rodburner wrote:
Sweat thats very insensitive.How would I know it was morning without cat puke in/on my shoes? :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Or cat turds on my pillow. :razz:

Roddude, as usual your work is a work of art in progress. What is with the red side covers? Are you playing with a new idea?

Steve Gears and such :yayyy: :chug: :yayyy:

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spyder,I`ll be painting them black,with a red" Bonneville " showing thru. :wink:

·
Registered
345 Posts
On 2007-03-11 21:28, sweatmachine wrote:
you mean cats are actually good for something besides target practice and entertainment/nourishment for the dog?
No. They are not. Nice bike however.

[ This message was edited by: GrahamC on 2007-03-12 08:19 ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts