Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question has been beaten to death but still no real decent solutions. Those of you who use Ez-Passes, where and how do you mount them on your Tiger? The easiest way is to just use Velcro tabs and attach them to a windshield but is there a decent motorcycle mount that looks good and functions well? And yes, I tried to just keeping it in a pocket with bad results.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I don't have a Tiger but the EZ-Pass can be read through a layer or two of windshield or fairing plastic. On my Sprint, it is invisible because I have it buried beneath the infill panel under the base of the windscreen. Just try to face the flat side (that would be against a car windshield) up and to the front because the internal antenna is somewhat directional. That's possibly why it didn't work in your pocket. If you can find a suitable place inside the plastic, it should work.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Have you asked if they have a motorcycle-specific pass available? In Washington State the motorcycle pass is a clear adhesive strip with the RFID chip in the center. It's designed for mounting o a headlight, but it works on other parts of the bike.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you asked if they have a motorcycle-specific pass available? In Washington State the motorcycle pass is a clear adhesive strip with the RFID chip in the center. It's designed for mounting o a headlight, but it works on other parts of the bike.
That's cool. You guys on the West coast are way ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Mounted mine on the inside of the windshield down near the instrument pod. I didn't trust the tiny original Velcro tabs provided with the tag so I removed those and installed 1 inch wide strips (Home Depot or Lowe's) running north south on each edge of the tag. Since the windshield is contoured and the tag is flat, you will need to make up the difference with a layer or 2 of double sided mounting tape on the windshield side in order to get the Velcro on the tag side to match up flat with the Velcro on the windshield side. If you are concerned with how it looks to the eye when you are standing in front of the bike, consider adhering a nice sticker or club patch over the area on the outside of the windscreen.

I'd post a picture but always have problems doing that on RAT.Net. Message me if you want me to email it.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Mounted mine on the inside of the windshield down near the instrument pod. I didn't trust the tiny original Velcro tabs provided with the tag so I removed those and installed 1 inch wide strips (Home Depot or Lowe's) running north south on each edge of the tag. Since the windshield is contoured and the tag is flat, you will need to make up the difference with a layer or 2 of double sided mounting tape on the windshield side in order to get the Velcro on the tag side to match up flat with the Velcro on the windshield side. If you are concerned with how it looks to the eye when you are standing in front of the bike, consider adhering a nice sticker or club patch over the area on the outside of the windscreen.

Photos attached.

EZPass1.JPG
EZPass2.JPG
EZPass3.JPG
EZPass4.JPG

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I mounted mine on the back of the bike (see pictures). I spent the extra $9 to get the "license" pass. I only have paniers and no top box so this worked out perfectly for my needs. I do ride with a group and some have them in a pocket in their jackets as well.

-Vin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts