Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This question has been beaten to death but still no real decent solutions. Those of you who use Ez-Passes, where and how do you mount them on your Tiger? The easiest way is to just use Velcro tabs and attach them to a windshield but is there a decent motorcycle mount that looks good and functions well? And yes, I tried to just keeping it in a pocket with bad results.

Premium Member
I don't have a Tiger but the EZ-Pass can be read through a layer or two of windshield or fairing plastic. On my Sprint, it is invisible because I have it buried beneath the infill panel under the base of the windscreen. Just try to face the flat side (that would be against a car windshield) up and to the front because the internal antenna is somewhat directional. That's possibly why it didn't work in your pocket. If you can find a suitable place inside the plastic, it should work.

Premium Member
Have you asked if they have a motorcycle-specific pass available? In Washington State the motorcycle pass is a clear adhesive strip with the RFID chip in the center. It's designed for mounting o a headlight, but it works on other parts of the bike.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Have you asked if they have a motorcycle-specific pass available? In Washington State the motorcycle pass is a clear adhesive strip with the RFID chip in the center. It's designed for mounting o a headlight, but it works on other parts of the bike.
That's cool. You guys on the West coast are way ahead of time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts