Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a 2015 T-Bird Storm. In other forums I notice people mentioning TOR slip ons for their T-Birds and how they love them. I cannot find them anywhere online to save my life. I see D&D, Hog Slayers, etc... am I missing something? Anybody know where to find them? Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Hey guys. I have a 2015 T-Bird Storm. In other forums I notice people mentioning TOR slip ons for their T-Birds and how they love them. I cannot find them anywhere online to save my life. I see D&D, Hog Slayers, etc... am I missing something? Anybody know where to find them? Thank you!
I’d be surprised if they were available. Another possibility is Dave Platt:

https://daveplattexhausts.com/triumph thunderbird 1600 and 1700 storm.html

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, not sure if they still make them or not, but in the community, they're just known as "TORS".
There are/were both a "long" pair and a "short" pair.
The long pair are exactly the same size (I think) as the OEM pipes.
The shorts, not so much.
I really didn't like the sound of the anemic OEM pipes and bought a pair of the shorts. I liked the length and the sound was great.
About a year after getting these, I heard a pair of Hog Slayers. That was the end of the TORS for me. The slayers were pretty expensive (even compared to new TORS), but I kinda had to have them.

I still have the short TORS, hadn't really planned on selling them, but they're not exactly doing anyone any good sitting in a box in my garage.
These have about 3,000 miles on them and I forget, but thought I remembered, hearing it takes closer to 5000 miles to really break them in, sound wise.
I'd probably sell t hem for about $275 plus the cost of shipping. (I'm in Cali, btw)
I'd have to double check, but pretty sure there's not a scratch on them.
Let me know if you'd be interested, and can get you a little more info.

kenb

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up going with the D&Ds after reading up on them more. They were easier to find and I like the sound I’ve heard so far. If I add these slip ons and remove the cat, will I have to do anything extra to the bike such as remap or tune? Or is it good to just slip on and go?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased the last set of the long TORS A9618052 from GO AZ in April 2019. At that time there were four other dealers that had the long TORS in stock. These ranged in price from $330 plus shipping to $410 plus shipping.

As of today June 1, 2019, there are 6 new short TORS A9600594 (black) on ebay for under $290 (without the exhaust/catalyst cover). The chrome short TORS A9618050 and long TORS A9618052 occasionally show up on ebay as well. A new set of the short TORS sold last month for $445 and a used set for roughly $255.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
I purchased the last set of the long TORS A9618052 from GO AZ in April 2019. At that time there were four other dealers that had the long TORS in stock. These ranged in price from $330 plus shipping to $410 plus shipping.

As of today June 1, 2019, there are 6 new short TORS A9600594 (black) on ebay for under $290 (without the exhaust/catalyst cover). The chrome short TORS A9618050 and long TORS A9618052 occasionally show up on ebay as well. A new set of the short TORS sold last month for $445 and a used set for roughly $255.
This is a great offer. The advantage to these is that the heat shields fit perfectly and don’t like crap like some other slip ons. There’s no power difference for any of the other slip ons, and these sound uniquely Triumph. There is a power difference if you ditch the cat and replace it with a Dave Platt cat bypass, which would require a PCV and dyno for significant performance gain. Staintune used to sell a bypass.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, not sure if they still make them or not, but in the community, they're just known as "TORS".
There are/were both a "long" pair and a "short" pair.
The long pair are exactly the same size (I think) as the OEM pipes.
The shorts, not so much.
I really didn't like the sound of the anemic OEM pipes and bought a pair of the shorts. I liked the length and the sound was great.
About a year after getting these, I heard a pair of Hog Slayers. That was the end of the TORS for me. The slayers were pretty expensive (even compared to new TORS), but I kinda had to have them.

I still have the short TORS, hadn't really planned on selling them, but they're not exactly doing anyone any good sitting in a box in my garage.
These have about 3,000 miles on them and I forget, but thought I remembered, hearing it takes closer to 5000 miles to really break them in, sound wise.
I'd probably sell t hem for about $275 plus the cost of shipping. (I'm in Cali, btw)
I'd have to double check, but pretty sure there's not a scratch on them.
Let me know if you'd be interested, and can get you a little more info.

kenb
Hi, your offer for short TORS still valid? if so, you will help me a great deal by selling them to me! I'm from Moscow Russia, ready to pay for delivery.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
The JBQ elbows make a great improvement in the sound simply by deleting the cat box.
$44 shipped in USA

·
Registered
15 Posts
[Цитата= " VABird, сообщение: 2004036484, участник: 51182"]
Локти JBQ делают большое улучшение в звуке, просто удалив коробку кошки.
$44 поставляется в США
[/ЦИТАТА]
$44 поставляется в США
[/ЦИТАТА]
Спасибо за ответ. У меня есть длинные Торы и катализатор, который я собираюсь изменить, поэтому я купил обход суриката, но нигде не могу найти короткие Торы. Kball1300 сказал, что он имел их в наличии и был готов продать их.

·
Registered
15 Posts
$44 поставляется в США
[/ЦИТАТА]
$44 поставляется в США
[/ЦИТАТА]
Спасибо за ответ. У меня есть длинные Торы и катализатор, который я собираюсь изменить, поэтому я купил обход суриката, но нигде не могу найти короткие Торы. Kball1300 сказал, что он имел их в наличии и был готов продать их.
Thanks for the answer. I have long Tors and a catalyst that I'm going to change, so I bought a meerkat bypass, but I can't find short Tors anywhere. Kball1300 said it had them in stock and was willing to sell them.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I've not heard the combination, but have read that cat bypass and short TORs can be obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys. I have a 2013 T-Bird 1600. I cannot find TOR HIGH FLOW SILENCER anywhere online to save my life. Anybody know where to find them? Ready to buy used in good condition.
thank you in advance for your help

·
Registered
196 Posts
These are available on Ebay. Not original Triumph parts, they may well do the job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
These are available on Ebay. Not original Triumph parts, they may well do the job.
thank you for participating, Zard have, as far as I know, a more sporty sound (less deep and with a metal effect), in addition, they does not send the goods to the country: Russia
Happy New Year

1 - 16 of 16 Posts