Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
...But BellaCorse (https://bellacorse.com/) still sells them...
Thanks for the shout-outs guys, much appreciated. True enough I'm an agent for Hagon here in the US. Not the sole source, but I will stress that I specialize exclusively in the 2001-current Hinckley Triumph classic twins. I maintain a massive database of information and I have a very special relationship with Hagon in the UK. I'm very proud of those facts, and from the referrals I get, apparently I'm doing something right. :)

I always welcome potential customers to call me to discuss their specific suspension needs.

/M

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies. I decided to go with Ikons instead after thinking about how long I keep bikes, discovering their Basix option, rebuild-ability, and the Konis I had on a past street bike. It was an easy sell since my wife really liked the comfort factor on the old bike.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Please post how you like the Ikon Baxis. I had the Ikons with dampening and they were great on my Mag wheel bike. Mike

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Please post how you like the Ikon Baxis. I had the Ikons with dampening and they were great on my Mag wheel bike. Mike
Ikon Basix are working just fine. Spring rate recommended for a passenger works just fine for that purpose but is not too harsh for solo. Damping is fine for the bike.

Big improvement in spring rate over stock which easily bottomed out when riding with a passenger.

Combination of damping and spring rate has also eliminated the head shake I was getting on some corner entries. That's an unexpected bonus, I thought the headshake on entry was due to the steering geometry, or too much compression damping in the forks.

Now I don't need to put emulators in the forks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts