Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am wanting to customize my 2003 T100 by fitting a slimmer and shorter brat style seat as shown in the below image.

I understand that I will need to cut the rear frame and weld a curved end piece to it, however, do the aftermarket custom seat usually bolt on to the existing mounts?

Can anyone recommend where to buy brat styled seats from?

Cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you want to cut the frame and go with a shorter seat my guess is that it will all have to be a complete custom job.I have not seen a bolt on solution.For a slimmer seat I would recommend the british customs slammer seat or the Roland Sands two up seat,although they are not shorter they do look great and will bolt right up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was looking for the same thing . And i end up buying a jp vintage brat seat. It seems to be the shorter one available without having to cut or weld the frame

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you can Weld, you can buy the hoop on eBay for 30 bucks. Then buy the seat you like.
If you want a complete kit, seat, brackets, hoop you can from maccomotors, best seat imo but $$$
Simplest route, get one from British customs or a company like that and it will bolt on to your stock mounts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Keep in mind where you want to mount a tail light,british customs offers the slammer seat with a lucas style light built right into the back of the seat.

·
Registered
545 Posts
There are some nice looking brat style seats here, http://www.texavina.com

I remember reading a good review on these seats on this forum.
I believe the guy who wrote it only had to make a very minor modification to make it fit perfect.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Cut stock pan and foam, this shows how much shorter and narrow it is.
The removed a lot of the stock padding and replaced it w memory foam, 2 types medium at 2" and a layer of 1/2" soft memory foam on top.
Cut frame and Weld new hoop,
Make seat new cover.
Still gotta Weld tabs for turn signals and license plate.

Automotive tire Rim Fender Motorcycle Tread

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
I like that you did this yourself. As far as blinkers, I used a couple Kuryakyn large silver bullets with halogen bulbs and the Kuryakyn 4610 brake/blink/stop module. That allowed me to use the red lenses and gave me two bright brake lights out back. When I mounted them, I just used some laying around bits, two steel exhaust flanges from an old Kawasaki and a couple pieces of 1/4” round stock with a drilled tab welded to one end. That allowed me to bolt the blinkers to the inside of the shock mount (it’s threaded all the way through) so I wasn’t stuck with a forever setup welded to the frame..

·
Registered
200 Posts
That looks great man, I am gonna Weld small tabs for turn signals as I want em far back so my passenger don't hit em all the time. Thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts