Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am wanting to customize my 2003 T100 by fitting a slimmer and shorter brat style seat as shown in the below image.

I understand that I will need to cut the rear frame and weld a curved end piece to it, however, do the aftermarket custom seat usually bolt on to the existing mounts?

Can anyone recommend where to buy brat styled seats from?

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you want to cut the frame and go with a shorter seat my guess is that it will all have to be a complete custom job.I have not seen a bolt on solution.For a slimmer seat I would recommend the british customs slammer seat or the Roland Sands two up seat,although they are not shorter they do look great and will bolt right up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was looking for the same thing . And i end up buying a jp vintage brat seat. It seems to be the shorter one available without having to cut or weld the frame

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you can Weld, you can buy the hoop on eBay for 30 bucks. Then buy the seat you like.
If you want a complete kit, seat, brackets, hoop you can from maccomotors, best seat imo but $$$
Simplest route, get one from British customs or a company like that and it will bolt on to your stock mounts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Keep in mind where you want to mount a tail light,british customs offers the slammer seat with a lucas style light built right into the back of the seat.

·
Registered
534 Posts
There are some nice looking brat style seats here, http://www.texavina.com

I remember reading a good review on these seats on this forum.
I believe the guy who wrote it only had to make a very minor modification to make it fit perfect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts