Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to buy my son a Cruz tool kit for his '07 Thruxton, but after looking at it, wasn't able to figure out where he could keep it. Where do you Thrux riders store your tool kits? Thank you in advance.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Pull the seat off. Stand mid bike and look at the battery. Just behind the battery there is a small tray. There may be a cable running across the bottom of the tray but it won't hurt anything. Lay the tools horizontally in the tray and replace the seat. They should fit nicely there.;)

Cheers
Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Jon,

Hold-off a little longer before ordering the Cruz Tools. I ordered some tool kits from another company and if I like what I see, I'll offer them on my site. They look like they will fit perfectly under the seat where your User's Manual normally goes.

Apparently they're coming in from some far off land like the Gaza Strip or Alpha Centuri, so it's going to be a couple more weeks.

/Mike

·
29,948 Posts
Better than that, pull the airbox off, and fab up a tool bux to go under the ARK that you put in place. Then make up your own tool kit out of quality tools of your choice, not some cheapo foreign import kit.

That's what I'm doing anyway. I'll be posting a thread in twins tech talk once I get it done. Probably won't be until the end of february though, I tend to run too many projects at once.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I've done away with my airbox and I've discovered lots of space on the inside of the left side cover. I'm going to try glueing a couple velcro straps in place and mounting a tool roll there.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
What exactly are the "tools" that you guys are planning to carry? I have a 1/4"drive ratchet and socket that fits the bolt holding my seat on. That allows me to get to the fuse box.I carry it in my jacket pocket. Unless you`re going cross country,I can`t think of any other "tools" you need for the Bonnie.Chain adjustments are maybe once a year,there are no screws on the bike,changing a modern tire is not a casual,side of the road thing,anymore.Check your bike before you ride and your golden.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
A very good point, Rodburner. I suppose I'm not doing this because I must, but because I CAN. I think, therefore I fabricate, that sort of thing.

·
29,948 Posts
I'm witheasy. Basically just doing it because I want to. I have never had to use any tools on the side of the road, and hopefully won't have to. I carry some stuff to use in the case of a flat, but not tire irons - more a tube of slime and a little air compressor. There are some other things I would like to carry for when I do long distances.

Anyway, the tool roll and velcro straps idea is nice and simple and easy. Someone did fab a toolbox out of a piece of plastic tube, and mounted it under the battery ox. There's a link to it in the the following thread, I think on page 2, for anyone interested.

I'm going to do a similar thing but in sheet metal.

http://www.triumphrat.net/twins-technical-talk/91238-great-source-of-info.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts