Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 05 Sprint 1050 the Rectifier/Regulator is sitting behind the righthand side fairing near the relays. I understand that then they moved it due to heat issues on later models. Whilst in the dealers today I had a good look at a new one and the bracket that would have supported the R/R on my bike is still there, but the R/R was no where in sight. Where the heck is it now?

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
Been a while since I've done this. :D

A 4.25 seconds search pulls up a list. This thread is the first I saw that was relevant to your question.

http://www.triumphrat.net/sprint-forum/107049-question-on-the-08-sprint-heat-kit-insulation-2.html

The R/R was relocated adjacent to the ecu on the left side of the bike. If you read the thread, you will see mention that it is not model year specific. It goes by VIN.

If you are contemplating relocating the R/R on your bike, you will need to fabricate your own bracket. The last time I checked, there were no factory spares available.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, I ordered the heat reducing foam pieces from the dealer and have got to do a few jobs on the bike so I may well move the R/R at the same time. I have already changed it for the Shindengen FH012 R/R that DEcosse recommended. :)

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Cheers, I ordered the heat reducing foam pieces from the dealer and have got to do a few jobs on the bike so I may well move the R/R at the same time. I have already changed it for the Shindengen FH012 R/R that DEcosse recommended. :)
Regarding the new bracket for the R/R.
The best I can find out, it is #T2301608 and as OnD stated, it is not yet available(4 weeks ago). The new bracket supersedes #T2301591 and it is the existing bracket that ties the left dash panel and left fairing to the upper frame rail(this info is according to my Tri. parts manager, I cannot verify).
Check with your dealer and keep us posted as to it's availability.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Wonder if the bracket is all it's needed. I suspect some wiring must have changed also, since the new position is far away from the old one. Much better position the new one. Should be catching quite a bit of fresh air.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
I have not measured it but believe the existing stator lead is long enough. Seems that I remember it to be almost two feet long. Next time you pull the tank on a pre-08 take a look at the routing and you will see that the excess is wrapped around in the Throttle body and fuel rail bracket area.

The battery leads might need to be lengthened. If you do, step up the gauge re http://www.triumphrat.net/speed-tri...-diagnostics-rectifier-regulator-upgrade.html

I would not expect the mount bracket to become available as a spares item for some time. If they do such, you might be able to get one via a special order.

It should not be that difficult to fabricate one. The only critical dimension would be the location for the fairing fastener nut. If you made one out of steel, a nut could be welded on the back side. If you opt for Aluminum (my preference) a clip on nut plate could be used if you do not have access to plate jigs and rivets.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
A little tidbit on this thread. When I inquired about the part number of the relocated R/R bracket, the parts manager noted that the regulator-rectifier part number was unchanged from the early '08 Sprint St's. So that is the same anyway.:)
I don't know if the wiring harness was changed to lengthen to reflect the relocated R/R or not. We did not check part numbers on the harness. Maybe some one who has access can verify the wiring harness part numbers.

·
Registered
658 Posts
General but related question. How easy is it to obtain from a T dealer a VIN specific part number without supplying an appropriate VIN?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
General but related question. How easy is it to obtain from a T dealer a VIN specific part number without supplying an appropriate VIN?
Unless you are willing to purchase a couple of extra parts to cover your bet. I would think (in the USA anyway), it would be darn near impossible to get a VIN specific part from a Triumph dealer without the VIN number.

·
Registered
318 Posts
08 Sprint R/R

I believe this is the rectifier for my bike do to the cooling fins on it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
You are correct.

Glad you posted it because it is a good example that Triumph part configurations are VIN identified, not model year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts