Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one that runs right next to the gas-tank vent hose.

The Clymer manual doesn't seem to mention it anywhere...:confused:

What does this connect to? Looks like it's for the battery, but bike came stock with an AGM...

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it connects to the hard tube that connects the two carbs with a "T" in the middle.
Connects the two carbs where on the carbs? I don't see such a connector anywhere on my carbs.

Are you talking about connecting the float bowl vent/drain nipples? Because those have always been bare on my bike.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
The float bowl vents - yes. The drains, no.

Just behind and below the the choke lever (between the carbs) is a black plastic tube that connects the two carbs. This is the vent for the bowls. In the center of the tube is a single fitting that the hose in question connects to.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just behind and below the the choke lever (between the carbs) is a black plastic tube that connects the two carbs. This is the vent for the bowls. In the center of the tube is a single fitting that the hose in question connects to.
Ah, got it now. Thanks!!! ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
if yer gonna take it apart, Knave, keep track of it... dont be like my brother with all the "extra parts"... lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts