Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK
So I've been seeing lots of pictures of everyone's bonnies and now I'm thinking about making some minor mods down the line.

Where are you getting those little front fenders, and can you order them painted? I don't like the big grandma stock fenders.

I also saw a complete bolt on lighting kit from newbonneville.com because I'm not a huge fan of the stock indicators. Any experience?

Howabout 3 or 5 spoke wheels that fit the bonnie?

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
That would be a dangerously minimal number of spokes...

BillyBob... there are sites a plenty for add ons and modifications. Let your fingers do some tapping on the great and grand Google, ask away with specific querries. We're here to help... you supply the beer.

:-D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good point, I guess the mini front fender wouldn't be a very good idea for all-weather riding...
<BR>
<BR>and I meant spokeless wheels, you know- whatever they're called.
<BR>
<BR>I just don't know a whole lot about this stuff - any sites that are particularly easy to browse for parts that fit the bonnie?

[ This message was edited by: billybob235 on 2007-01-23 21:49 ]

·
Registered
173 Posts
The 2 easiest site that I have found are newbonneville.com & Bellacorse.com.

One on these site have a fiberglass version of the shortnend fender or you can always search for a used Thruxton front fender.

The Lucas style lighting system looks great and is extremely easy to install.

·
Registered
276 Posts
BillyBob, I've got an airtech bobbed front fender that I'd be happy to sell on the cheap. It's already painted silver -which could be good or bad depending on what color you're looking for. The rear of the fender is long enough to help reduce spray if riding a wet road.
Here's what it looks like (before paint):

There's also a matching shorty rear fender you could get...

Wheels...cast wheels can be expensive, but they can be done.

Favorite sites for parts and accessories, in addition to newbonneville.com, are bellacorse.com and British Customs.

-Glenn

·
Registered
80 Posts
On 2007-01-23 22:04, Tabletop wrote:
BillyBob, I've got an airtech bobbed front fender that I'd be happy to sell on the cheap. It's already painted silver -which could be good or bad depending on what color you're looking for. The rear of the fender is long enough to help reduce spray if riding a wet road.
Here's what it looks like (before paint):

There's also a matching shorty rear fender you could get...

Wheels...cast wheels can be expensive, but they can be done.

Favorite sites for parts and accessories, in addition to newbonneville.com, are bellacorse.com and British Customs.

-Glenn

If Billybob isn't interested, let me know!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hey there Billybob, nice to see another PA rider. :wink:

I bought my Bonnie used and it had a short chrome front fender. I'd be happy to sell it if you're interested, just let me know and I'll post a pic of the fender and what it looked like on the bike.

I went back to the stock fender because I actually like the look of it and wanted the additional road spray protection. I use the bike to commute to work as much as possible.

I'm also considering the bolt on lighting kit from Newbonneville. Poke around and you'll find some pics of them on the site, pretty popular mod around here.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! I am reconsidering the front fender now, as the stock one probably will offer me the best protection since I'll be riding year-round. I have to find the proper balance of style and functionality...

So maybe the first thing I'll do is switching out the lights. The set they sell on newbonneville.com looks easy enough, I think I like the "Sport" one better than the Lucas.

But if I do swap out the front blinkers, will that screw up my ability to eventually get a parabellum fairing??

·
Registered
799 Posts
Dude,

Bobbed fenders work as well as stock. I ride year around but I avoid the rain like the plague. Never the less I am out every weekend and during the week.
The only time I found that bigger fenders come in to play is if you ride allot in the country dirt, gravel roads and the rain.

I have found that "new" triumph owners seem to be very cautious, which nothing is wrong with that, just must be the breed. Do what you like and do not worry...That is what owning a bike is all about.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I was lucky enough to get my fenders from Moto Twin before they disappeared. The Triumph "68" stuff looks very much like it. I have the Lucas style tail light, front & rear turn signal relocation brackets and bullet style turn signals, all from newbonneville. Do the shocks and fork springs first. Welcome to the bottomless pit of Bonneville modification. Have fun, it's a great bike to tinker with!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi

Why don't you try shortening the indicator stalks? I saw a guy in the forum posted some instructions and I followed them - easy to do and the look so much better.
If you mail me I'll send you the instructions I copied. Costs nothing and they look great

[email protected]

John
UK

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Ah, joy in the search, elation in the discovery, agony in the choosing. I think personalizing and accessorizing is one of the best parts of owning the bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts