Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in the middle of nowhere, as I do, is making finding parts for my 01 T-bird a real challenge. I'm talking about little odds and ends like the spring and spring retaining bracket for a recently purchased used centerstand. I don't need the whole kit, which is all I've been able to find on the web. Does anybody know of a source for small misc. parts like the ones I've mentioned?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I would normally suggest bikebandit, but in this case I do not believe that they would be able to help you. The best thing to do would be to call your not-so-local Triumph dealership and start asking. Other than that, you might end up building your own unless somebody here steps up and happens to have the parts you are looking for.

·
Banned
2,731 Posts
In the driveway after I've had the Norton idling.......

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you think you are in the middle of nowhere, try living on a rock in the middle of the Pacific. :p
At least in your part of the world people are familiar with Triumphs...I'm surrounded by a bunch of redneck Harley owners and the closest Triumph dealer is more than 3 hours away!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Love the Norton joke. Reminds me of my father's AMC Hornet. He had so much Bondo on that, every time he hit a pothole, part of the car would fall off and go spinning down the road next to us.
As for parts, I have had great luck calling two different Triumph dealers and having them send me parts by UPS or FedEx. Some have better inventories of stuff for older bikes, but I would look on the Triumph website for the nearest couple of shops and give them a call. I've used the dealer in Hyde Park NY, as well as one in Maryland that I can't remember the name of. I would highly recommend the one in Hyde Park, as they have sent me several items, and the lady there seems very familiar with our bikes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Donelson's in St. Louis have a huge inventory of Hinckley spares if you need something quick. If you're not in a hurry, it's hard to beat bikebandit.com or madss.com (esp. on shipping charges)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts