Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know sounds like a dumb question...How do I check and add coolant on the 2006 sprint st? I just got my bike tonight and I was searching and it seems to be on the left front side...but how do you check it? Do you have to take the body work off?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey ricster,
The resevoir is under the black cover on the left hand front of your bike , you need to remove two panels to get to the coolant res. First cover off is the LH inside screen panel ( 2 screws ) and then the LH lower cover betwwen tank and fairing ( 1 screw). With these covers removed you will be able to see the Resevoir , ECU , and Radiator Cap

This is Triumphs correct coolant level proceedure (when Cold) -

"remove radiator cap and add coolant through the reservoir until you see it flow into the radiator neck, refit cap to radiator, fluid level is now correct."

This means at cold condition on centre stand the coolant level in reservoir is just above the 'MIN' Line.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....i was just wondering if there way a way without taking the fairing off...guess not :razz:

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can check it easily without taking any panels off. From the right side of the bike, look under the front fairing and you will see the overflow tank very clearly. You do need to take off the two black plastic panels to add coolant, but you don't need to remove the entire side fairing.

·
Registered
497 Posts
In the driveway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts