Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first noticed a problem when the bike got rained on and the water pooled under the filler cap... The plug at 'A' threads into the tank. It was completely filled with white corrosion... I removed it and used a thin nail to gouge it clean. Drain works now... yay me!

'B' goes to the other vent under the filler cap, I assume it does something with fumes? Can't tell if it blocked or not... I'm asuming it's doing what it's supposed to.

I replaced a thin perished hard hose with a 5mm fuel grade hose 'C'. Hopefully it'll last a bit longer. There's a round hole through the engine case in front of the swingarm that the new hose just fits through. I was going to do the same thing for 'B' but there's no way to get a second hose down.

The thing at 'D' looks like there should be a pipe connected to it too... any ideas?

I'm thinking about linking 'A', 'B' & 'D' to a single drain 'C' with some hose fittings?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
Pipe Routes

Hi,

the original two pipes were about 1-2" different in length, with the longer one being on the front most nipple and taking the route through the sump lip hole you mention and ends up in a spring wire ring just ahead of the chassis leg to prevent it venting on the exhaust.

The longer one sits on the rear nipple hangs down roughly the same path, but doesn't pass through the sump flange. It also ends up in the spring wire ring.

By the time they have both reached there, they should look the same length.

Hope that helps

Rexx

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
...... one does the drain around the filler cap as you mention.

The other vents the tank ie lets air in and out of the tank to allow for expansion and contraction and let air in as the fuel is used,etc.
It should have a small plastic cylinder connected inline - it is a roll over valve which closes off if the bike is on its side - to stop the tank emptying out.

Dont know about the 'D' fitting.One of the RS guys should be able to tell you.

You cant connect them all to a common drain.

Grant

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I believe that is the Regulator, which used to have a vacuum line on it, but Triumph decided that it was not necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts