Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Storm, check engine light is on. I've read that this can happen when the hoses or tubes that often come off on this bike occurs. My question is where are these hoses? I want to check them before I take it in to the shop. Does anyone of picture they can post of their location.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The MAP tubes are located under the gas tank. Peer up under the right side of the tank with a flash light. You are looking for two small rubber pieces that look a bit like a spark plug boot. The right-most one is easier to find, but the left one is next to it. Both can be gotten to without removing the tank. They need to be attached at both ends.

Some folks super-glue them in place. Some use nylon cable ties as hose clamps to keep them in place.

There is a picture somewhere on this forum, but I don't recall where.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MAP tubes are located under the gas tank. Peer up under the right side of the tank with a flash light. You are looking for two small rubber pieces that look a bit like a spark plug boot. The right-most one is easier to find, but the left one is next to it. Both can be gotten to without removing the tank. They need to be attached at both ends.

Some folks super-glue them in place. Some use nylon cable ties as hose clamps to keep them in place.

There is a picture somewhere on this forum, but I don't recall where.
Thanks StratoFaster!! The description of spark plug boot really helped to find them. One of them was disconnected, the one furthest toward the center of the bike. Do you know where the other ends attach to? I can't seem to trace them. The light is still on after replacing that hose but it sounds like, from other posts, that it needs to be ridden for it to go out. Appreciate your help!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Thanks StratoFaster!! The description of spark plug boot really helped to find them. One of them was disconnected, the one furthest toward the center of the bike. Do you know where the other ends attach to? I can't seem to trace them. The light is still on after replacing that hose but it sounds like, from other posts, that it needs to be ridden for it to go out. Appreciate your help!

If you reattached it.. it'll go out after 3-4 starts and about 40-50 miles.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Thanks StratoFaster!! The description of spark plug boot really helped to find them. One of them was disconnected, the one furthest toward the center of the bike. Do you know where the other ends attach to?
I think one end connects to the MAP sensor, and the other end attaches to a tube coming from the throttle body.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That's right, they connect to the two respective throttle bodies, tween the TB and air box.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After reconnecting that hose and riding about 50 or so mile the light went out after starting it again. Thanks for all the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts