Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just curious as to where S3's were and are being manufactured. I own an '06. Wasn't sure if it was Hinckley or the facility in Thailand.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Only Bonnie's are made in Thailand, and only the one's with a T in the VIN i.e. not all Bonnie's.
Thats my understanding anyways.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My Thruxton was made in Thiland much to my disbeleif but I can't say the quality was bad. I alsoo would like to know where the S3's are made because that is my next bike!

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Triples and 675 still at Hinckley. Of course that means final assembly. Who knows where all the parts come from and if frames etc. are also made somewhere else.

Classics at Thai plant. Rockets at Thai and Hinckley. New Thunderbirds first batches at Hinckley, later at Thai when they have tooling in place.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Made in XXXXX doesn't mean much any more. As above it's assembled in XXXXX.

I recently had some new official triumph parts to fit to my S3 and they we're marked made in Italy.

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
I`ve visited the factory in Hinckley and watched them making S3`s there. Engines are made there entirely, as are frames. Some parts like tanks and pipes are brought in from Thailand. Lots of other parts like brakes and wheels are bought from Italy or wherever. Basically it`s as home made as any BMW, MVagusta, Aprilia, Ducati or Harley. They all get stuff from overseas, brakes, electrics or whatever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts