Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Speedmaster was attacked by a Road King on Wednesday. Some nasty scratches, a broken lever and some dents. The rear fender is crunched. The Harley emerged victorious, with nary a scratch.

There they were, the Speedmaster, a Honda, a Kawasaki, a Yamaha, an old Electra Glide and a new Road King....... all parked in close proximity. There were getting along just fine all thru the winter months. No sign of conflict. I was so proud that they were living in harmony, unaware of their differences........... I think that crotch rocket put them up to it. It's the one that's always causing trouble. Can't be sure, though.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Around here, Harleys spend a lot of time at bars. Yours may have been sneaking out and wasn't very steady when it came home. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Come on Copper - this is your field - what do you think?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Too Funny!

The Harley probably went for a few brews, thinking his favorite little Triumph would behave while he was out. Imagine the HDs suprise when he came home and found the Triumph and Crotch Rocket in a "compromising" position.

All hell must have broke loose, in his drunken state he missed the crotch rocket and took out his beloved Triumph...

Make sure your HD still runs, he may have committed Hari Kari in his grief and self-hatred.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is one of the first suspects (Christine)- The little harlet probably caused the whole episode. I know she was involved. I just know it.

[ This message was edited by: kballowe on 2006-04-07 10:38 ]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Since we all know the Triumph is superior to the Harley, I suspect it was the Triumph who may have been out at the local watering hole and came back home in a defenseless state. The Harley, exhibiting typical behavior, then sucker punched the unsuspecting Triumph. Now that the Triumph has sobered up and is expecting a fight, I'm guessing the next confrontation will turn out much differently. :hammer:

Bob

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had just about the same thing happen in my garage when I brought the Harley home, the BMW And the Triumph were just a touch at odds, but the Triumph finally gave in and accepted the Harley as lord and master and the BMW went to live with somebody else..right now the Harley and the TBS are side by side getting a clean and wax job by there body slave....Me :razz:

·
Registered
139 Posts
This was clearly a "crime of opportunity". Think about it. The ONLY time that a Harley can catch a Triumph is when the Triumph is parked!! Hmmmmmmmm....!

Just a thought.

Cogito ergo equito

Bob

·
Registered
959 Posts
Happiness is a belt fed M-2 .50. My investigation concludes the suspect is the old Electra Glide. Old testosterone problems. :-D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I talked to that old Electra Glide.... it seems that there was an oil spot very near where the Triumph was parked.

A lot of folks don't know this, but Harleys don't leak - they just mark their territory. :-D

·
Registered
134 Posts
A Harley the "lord and master over the Triumph?" Maybe the HD does win in the overpriced bike category. Or wait, how about the underpowered for the size of the engine category. I know, it must have been the longest braking distance or shallowest lean until the pegs scrape section. Oh shoot, I almost forgot the most trailered brand of bike award. My bad, I obviously didn't think this through. :-D

Bob

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On 2006-04-10 04:47, Bob_N wrote:
A Harley the "lord and master over the Triumph?" Maybe the HD does win in the overpriced bike category. Or wait, how about the underpowered for the size of the engine category. I know, it must have been the longest braking distance or shallowest lean until the pegs scrape section. Oh shoot, I almost forgot the most trailered brand of bike award. My bad, I obviously didn't think this through. :-D

Bob
I knew there was a Harley basher out there, lurking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts