Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen pictures of bonnevilles with mag style wheels that looked to be off a Suzuki GSXR Or Ninja will these wheels swap easily are there others that will work? Has anyone designed a kit? Is there a link that will provide this info or maybe just someone on here could explain what was involved in doing a swap. Many advantages of solid wheels!

The stock spoke wheels are heavy the chrome is not the best either nor is the truing or balance from the factory.... also tube wheels are dangerous during a blowout they go flat real fast!! Experience talking! I always seal each spoke with silicone let it dry for 24 hours install the rim liner and put the tire back on. This small and easy fix could save your life!!

I know Kawasaki worked with Triumph during the factory startup the triples were a Ninja 1000 with a cylinder lopped off and some rear shocks will swap over so it seems reasonable that some Kawi wheel will work on these bikes! Happy Safe New year Everyone!!

·
29,947 Posts
I don't think it's that easy, I think there is generally some major machining work involved in fitting wheels / front ends and what not from other bikes.

The original triple engine involved a bit more than reproducing Kawasakis engine with one cylinder less, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts