Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lister wanted me to post better pics of my wheel treatment on the Sprint. My inspiration was the John Player Special lotus 79 Formula 1 car that I've always thought was the most beautiful race car ever. With the wheels i decided to do only the center spoke portion as i wanted to accent that spoke design that i really like, plus try to convey a 'floating spoke' effect by not coloring the entire wheel as is usually done.

In addition i tried to keep the accompanying pinstriping pretty subtle and not get too carried away.

I'm trying linked thumbnails and if that doesn't work i will link the medium sized pic.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Beautiful! I agree about the John Player race cars, always thought it was classy and eye catching.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
that thing is sexy!!! I love the black and gold color scheme. The 675 has one like that and I long for it

·
Registered
247 Posts
looks great, but you have to get rid of those hideous "chicken strips". a sprint cant have chicken strips. Pin stripes, sure, make it your own. but those tires should be scrubbed from shoulder to shoulder; at least the rear. :D:D:D classy looking bike man

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Wheels and stripes are one of a kind, really looks good. Back drop kinda reminds me of Dusty. :rolleyes: Can I just say that the the late 70's Cosworth powered Indy cars were about as gorgeous as they come, that is if you don't mind turning left and running triple digits starting with a 2.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wannab
Knew i would get a comment on those chicken strips, new tire, first ride, less than 50 miles, outside temp 40 degrees F. Trust me...the one that came off had zilch for a chicken strip.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wannab
Knew i would get a comment on those chicken strips, new tire, first ride, less than 50 miles, outside temp 40 degrees F. Trust me...the one that came off had zilch for a chicken strip.
just busting on ya, your bike looks great man. I was thinking of doing my wheels to match the inner rotor, in gold on a sunset red sprint. but might try what you did first and see how it looks. the P.O. used a chain (with no protection) to secure the bike, and you can tell, by the rims in some spots. a good winter project.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What color wheels for my 03 Sprint?

First post but have been lurking for some time. I have the Caspian (bright) blue 03 Sprint ST and I would like to powder coat the wheels. My sunday School teacher happens to have his own powder coating company here in south GA. I've heard of a chrome like powder coat that it very close to chrome but a bit of gold tone in it. Anyone know who's got it? Also I like the gold color but don't know how it will go with that blue. So gang please come in on this with some suggestions of what looks good. I have a similiar color 06 Mazda 6 and maybe would do those wheels as well.
grazi

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Well Hello

First post but have been lurking for some time. I have the Caspian (bright) blue 03 Sprint ST and I would like to powder coat the wheels. My sunday School teacher happens to have his own powder coating company here in south GA. I've heard of a chrome like powder coat that it very close to chrome but a bit of gold tone in it. Anyone know who's got it? Also I like the gold color but don't know how it will go with that blue. So gang please come in on this with some suggestions of what looks good. I have a similiar color 06 Mazda 6 and maybe would do those wheels as well.
grazi
Welcome to the fold randyr.:)

as a matter of house keeping we ask all our new members to please take time out to read our forum stickies, it gives you a better idea how the forum and website as a whole is run.

Enjoy the forum:)

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts