Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Last weekend I had the time to go over the bike with some cleaner and wax... The bike shined up really nicely, except for the rear wheel.
The black finish is dull, and no matter how many coats of wax (Meguiars) I applied, the wheel still comes out looking dull / flat.

I havent tried a cut polish yet, but I'm thinking that it might be in need of a new coat of paint.

Does anyone have any recommendations on routes to go with this? The "local" wheel refinishing shop isnt interested in touching motorcycle wheels, and before I go to an autobody shop to ask them, I think I might attempt a few coats of VHT or otherwise wheel paint in a rattle-can.

Thoughts, experiences, suggestions? How about polishing outer lip?

I appreciate your input gents.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Hey lugan you ever finish the streetfighter conversion? Or did I just miss the post?

I'm interested in this too as my new to me rear wheel has what appears to be brake dust caked on and no matter how much washing and scrubbing I do I can't seem to remove it.

And I love the look of OnD's polished rim and curious/interested in doing his mod rather than order rim tape.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Red1, from your avatar, it looks like your bike came together nicely! Is there a thread with photos? I've been buried in the pursuit of maintaining gainful employment so have missed a lot lately. But things are smoothing out, and the bike is ready for a new season! I've managed to rack up a few thousand miles since the guage/headlight update, and the bike seems to run better each time she's fired up!
So now I turn to the details... like the wheels.

How's your bike treating you?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
She came out quite nicely. I posted pics in the thread titled "time for the big reveal" or something along those lines.

Hopefully things are working out in the work department for you. did you throw out a post on you recent mods?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Lugan,
I don't think you can go wrong with silver and a clearcoat.

If that color with the 3 spoke wheel doesn't move you, I don't know what will.

---Charlie

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts