Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what size whel bearings our bikes take, & whether it's different for Trident-type 6-spokes vs. Speed Triple/Daytona-type 3-spokes?

Thanks,
-Kit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads-up, Dave. I'm having a little trouble getting it straight, though...

Is that (Qty 2) 6005 double-sealed bearings (front)

And

(1 ea) 6204 & 6304 double-sealed bearings (rear)

?

Any idea on the 3rd rear (cush drive) bearing?

Marlin: I will try to look into that when I have a chance; sound like a good idea.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The front wheel is 2of 6005

The rear wheel is 1of 6204 and 1of 6304

The cush drive is 1of 6304

All 2RS/C3 suffix.

The Triumph tool for inserting wheel bearings is 3880070 & 3880075, but a couple of suitably large socket spanners could be used.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I used sockets to drive my wheel bearings home and it worked a treat and they are a LOT cheaper than the Triumph tools.

You probably already know but popping the bearings in the freezer for a few hours before hand helps them go in easier, as obviously they shrink a bit :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers, guys, thanks! :-D

One last question: Anyone remember what size sockets work to drive the bearings in?

Thanks,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I bought impact sockets...34mm 38mm & 45mm, they are a little fatter & than normal sockets of that size so the outside rim of the bearing sits nicely on them. It might be wise to take your bearings with you tho just to be sure

:wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
God call! I like to have everything I need before I start a project, but I guess I ought to wait 'til the bearings arrive to see what fits. (Especially since I might already have it!)

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
58 Posts
just pulled the wheels off to replace bearings, just double checking sizes on here before ordering... off a 94 speed triple i have found front 2x 6005 2RS and rear found 1x 6204 1x 6304 and for the cush 1x 6305.. my findings seem to be different than others for the cush bearing.. strange? or no? all are 2RS class as well as suffix c3... after reading one of mots posts on the c3 class planning on ordering the standard clearance... anyway.. just wondering if this difference in cush bearing is normal, or if i have the rear wheel off of a different model?

cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
also does anyone happen to have a source for all of the oil seals?
my measurements
front 1x 55-73-6, 1x 35-47-6.5
rear 1x 30-52-7, 1x 35-62-6

1 - 12 of 12 Posts