Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I currently have a 92 Trident with 18" (160 Tyre size) rim on the rear....I've managed to get hold of a 3-spoke 17" (180 tyre size) off a 96 Daytona!

I know the wheel will just bolt straight in except, it does'nt have any bearings....so my question is....are the bearings the same for the 18" Trident wheel and the 96 Daytona wheel?? are the spindles the same?

i'.e can i just buy some bearings for the 92 Trident and put them in the 96 DAytona wheel or vice versa??

Thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
i cant see any reason why they wouldnt fit, but you also never know!

just buy new bearing for any of the models with a 17 inch rear.

does anyone know of a uk based equivelant to bikebandit.com?
i really like the layout and schematics

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe i'll just have to take the wheel off before buying!! I was hoping to order everything i needed before ripping the wheel of!

I have just thought of another question:

I was going to go up from the standard 46T rear sprocket on the trident, to a 48T, to give me more lift in the early gears. I jusy suddenly thought that because im fitting a smaller 17" wheel this will change the dynamics of the bike!!!

A smaller wheel,will im sure act similar to a smaller rear sprocket and thus be like down gearing it......yet a check on the Renthral web site shows the standard rear for a 900Speed triple or Daytona to be 42T-43T.....blimey those bike must be slow on the acceleration!

As it is im a bit lost on what size sprocket on the 17" will give me the equivilent of a 48T on the 18" wheel......any ideas??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts