Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

What's your next mod

• Ty/ires

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Suspension

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Exhaust and re-jet

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Airbox mod or removal

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • MAJOR - new carbs and/or big bore

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Handlebars

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Seat

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • More-chrome and fancy bits

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • De-chrome and black out

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other - please describe

Votes: 7 8.8%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've done the first few, now it's time to pony up!
When the world stops falling to bits I'm going with new carbs and a big bore kit.
In the meantime I'm going to reshape the seat - I've got the proper memory foam etc. I'm also going to make it a bit more comfortable for my wife to ride with me.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Gotta do something with the freakin' foot pegs. Hate the ones there and am not crazy about the aftermarket things.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I've done the first few, now it's time to pony up!
When the world stops falling to bits I'm going with new carbs and a big bore kit.
In the meantime I'm going to reshape the seat - I've got the proper memory foam etc. I'm also going to make it a bit more comfortable for my wife to ride with me.
Hey Haggis - your seat may wind up with more memory than you! :D

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I just finished a long arduous series of air box and muffle mods along with rejetting each time. i need to take it easy and just enjoy the bike for a while but when i feel like wrenching i will put in progressive fork springs.

·
30,533 Posts
Yeah I'm done with performance mods for this year - going to add a chrome or alloy front fender and cam cover just for a dash of gleam, but I'm even putting those off. The chance of being out of work is too high this year, so I'm in hunker down mode now to get savings up in case I need a back up while looking for work.

The positive side to that is the if things work out and I stay in work continuously, I will have a decent cash reserve to draw from for more projects next year.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Yeah I'm done with performance mods for this year - going to add a chrome or alloy front fender and cam cover just for a dash of gleam, but I'm even putting those off. The chance of being out of work is too high this year, so I'm in hunker down mode now to get savings up in case I need a back up while looking for work.

The positive side to that is the if things work out and I stay in work continuously, I will have a decent cash reserve to draw from for more projects next year.
propforward:

have you thought about polishing your cam cover instead of spending the money on a chrome one? it's a lot more in the way of labor, but the cost is very minimal. i polished all my engine covers, including the cam cover and like the look over the chrome...

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Next....

I already have the parts.....
I'm putting lower bars and bar end mirrors on the girl as soon as I get her unwinterized...I had hoped on an ARK, but I think funds may put a damper on that, I also wanted some rearsets....Damn economy!!!!:mad:

·
30,533 Posts
I am considering polishing the cam cover. I have a silver one that I am going to try as is first, and I have a spare black one, which I may try stripping. Polished alloy would be a bit of a better look than chrome I reckon, as well as being a little less expensive.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
De-plasticization should be an option in the list.
+1...no more dumbo. What a difference removing the factory signals and tail light make. They overpower the beautiful shape of these bikes:
Lots of rain today...making progress...still unridden.
Will be back together in a couple of weeks for early spring riding...including TORS.
Cheers,
George

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Fork springs, gators and rear shocks...
Finish polishing side covers...

·
Registered
16 Posts
i just ordered up few chrome goodies, the battery cover and clutch lifter cover, frotnt brake reserir cover, and rear brake fluid reservoir cover, hopefully ordering the rear foot peg hangers next week

·
Registered
224 Posts
Somebody stop me...

Short Thruxton fender, sniped on fleabay
Lucas lights
Rear suspension

And then that will be it for a while, really, I mean it, :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Thinking about a front brake upgrade ...

·
Registered
518 Posts
My next mod will be the Corbin seat, I've done everyting else.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Next on the long list. Suspension and Air Box.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
The next important changes are to install all the parts I bought last summer/fall:

1. cartridge emulators/20 wt. oil up front
  2. Swap in the 2001 790 cams & massaged 790 ignitor
  3. dyno tune
  4. install the CR carbs
  5. dyno tune
  6. ride it 'til next winter

There will also be minor cosmetic changes made, mostly to focus on reducing weight, but those are hardly worthy of mentioning. Just like me, my bike is a work in progress...

Cheers,

--Rich

1 - 20 of 40 Posts