Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks what's your top speed for your triple ???

Hi folks i have a speedy from o8 the new version with a arrow's 3-1 pipe and 6000 km i would like to know what else i can do to make the top end faster ,it does around 250 kmh put feels a little slow getting there ,i have made the bike a little lighter with carbon mud guardand -carbon hugger-carbon flyscreen i hoped for a top speed of 270 - 280 kmh and a quicker top end roll from 200 kmh on..

what do you guys get from your bikes
Thanks for any help on this :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi folks what's your top speed for your triple ???

Hi folks i have a speedy from o8 the new version with a arrow's 3-1 pipe and 6000 km i would like to know what else i can do to make the top end faster ,it does around 250 kmh put feels a little slow getting there ,i have made the bike a little lighter with carbon mud guardand -carbon hugger-carbon flyscreen i hoped for a top speed of 270 - 280 kmh and a quicker top end roll from 200 kmh on..

what do you guys get from your bikes
Thanks for any help on this :)
Nitrous Oxide...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what's the top speed of your triple

hi doyler here again whats your top speed of your triple ??
just want to know if mine is running right :)
thanks for any answers guy's

·
Registered
361 Posts
get her dyno tested.

Ive gone 140mph, but couldve gone faster. It's just ****ing dangerous to go that fast. I like my license.
And the aerodynamics are the biggest factor for top speed.

Find a strong tail wind and youll go faster.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Well, since you are pretty much at redline at 250kmh..well, do the math...
You could lose more weight by taking a ump than changing to a carbon mudguard, and I don't mean to be a smartass, but how does ADDING a flyscreen lighten the bike?

I don't know that the S-3 is a very turbo-friendly bike like a Busa is, but a turbo and taller gearing might get you to 270kmh...at which point ya kinda ruined the character of the bike, IMHO.
Personally, the rush of a top end run grows old quickly to me, while the rush of carving corners just keeps getting better.
Your bike, your choices.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Mine does 290kph without breaking a sweat.
There must be something wrong with yours.
Have you tried re-spraying it Scorched Yellow?
That alone is worth a good 30kph.

Failing that, get a sports bike.
Would you buy a Porsche and complain when it couldn't plough a field?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Honestly, I don't know how fast my S3 can go. I don't have a safe place to try that. But, I know folks says that 140 mph is about the fastest you can go with a stock bike.

But, I think that if top speed is what you are looking for, you should get a Hayabusa or Zx-14.

·
Registered
458 Posts
You can go down to your county and pre-pay your bail. This way it will make you faster for sure.....faster getting out of jail.

·
Registered
192 Posts
its not a top speed bike, but it'll beat/keep up with most objects on the roads until 100mph.
+100 also corner carving and torque is what makes speedy special,after various bikes over the years then giving up bikes for some years having a test ride on an S3 made me wanna ride again the best fun you can have sitting down especialy on one wheel :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Can't accelerate fast enough? Sounds like someone is just a few
REESE'S PIECES short of needing Jenny Craig! :eek:

Ever try speed shifting?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Last summer at Road Atlanta, my 07, with M4 exhaust and K&N as the only mods, hit the rev limiter HARD at 161mph on a dyno. Theres plenty of room (for somone who if f%#k-nuts crazy) to get more top end with a sprocket change. As far as getting there fast enough, I have had no trouble keeping up with other bikes (Ducs, Gixxers, R1s) running the streets of Atlanta.(closed course only, I swear!!!:YellowWink:) I have found that on the streets, the S3s midrange is the best thing around. Im actually about to drop a tooth on the front, because I never take it above 130mph anyway. Just hope I can keep the front wheel on the ground (occasionally:p)

I smell BS in someone claiming that he takes a naked bike to its top speed anyway.:YellowEvil:

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is by no means why I own a triple nor regular activity for me, but a speed junkie question cannot be denied a speed junkie answer.

156mph on GPS....
on a closed, private road of course.

Absolutely destroyed an s55 AMG mercedes until he passed me at 145mph once and kept up with a z06 vette till 70mph another time(with my gf on back :p). Both of these were also on private roads. ;-)

With proper shifting our bikes are fan-bleeding-tastic till 100. Anything more and they're simply unmanageable. Find an abandoned airstrip online and have your fun a few times. I'm sure you'll find that going over 100 loses its novelty almost as quickly you will lose your license for doing so.

·
Registered
30 Posts
08 Speedy with an Arrow 3-1, K&N and a tune....155mph 2 weekends ago...Last weekend I saw 150 several times and even put a hurtin' on a new GSXR 750 with a competent rider to 145....:D

It's easy to haul ass when you have 5+ buddies with liter bikes...Needless to say, they are quite impressed with the Speedy. Not to mention, only one guy "usually" leads/pulls me into the turns, that being my bro-in-law on his CBR600RR that he rides absolutely ridiculous!

I'm looking to see that 161, but I weigh 200+/- pounds geared up...Not so sure she'll do it!:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
I agree with most of the comments. Basically, if you buy a bike that won`t do what you want, then you bought the wrong bike. It`s like buying a screwdriver and complaining that it`s not much good for hammering nails.
No matter what you do to it, the aerodynamics will always play a part. The screen, whilst adding a few ounces, DOES help with top speed, if you are flat on the tank.

I also own a Daytona 675, the power to weight ratio on the Daytona is only slightly better than the Speed Triple. With a mate riding it, dragging each other, the Daytona has the edge but it`s pretty close up to about 210kph. Then the Daytona absolutely romps away from the Speed Triple, pulling hard to an indicated 265kph. It`s where the aerodynamics start to come into play.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm looking to see that 161, but I weigh 200+/- pounds geared up...Not so sure she'll do it!:eek:

Actually I went back and looked, and the spedometer read 161mph, the dyno actually read 157mph. No weight or wind involved. My point was when it hit the rev limiter, it was still pulling strong, indicating that with a sprocket change a higher speed is definitly should be possible. I too am in the 200lbs range (210).

Hey, any of our Brit friends know how many "stone" that is?:p

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
135 on my Triple. It had more but the air was seriously nasty.
141 on my Four. Better air flow and higher revs.
171 on my CBRXX. Stupid fast but plenty stable.
77 mph on my wife's Piaggio.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts