Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!

Ride it like your stole it!!!!!!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
I know, let's start an oil post! :knkknk: :knkknk:

Sorry B_Naked, but certain topics have been posted soooooo many times that certain people get a little touchy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On 2007-02-25 14:09, dr_gallup wrote:
I know, let's start an oil post! :knkknk: :knkknk:

Sorry B_Naked, but certain topics have been posted soooooo many times that certain people get a little touchy.
no offense taken... to the oil post!
PS i was going to follow the owners manual regardless.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have always broke my new bikes in easy for the first 2-300 miles....and then I ride it how I normally ride....Hard and fast....No problems to state...but then again I only keep bike for 3 years or so...so next guy might suffer.....!~

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ride like you normally would! You havea 2 year warranty to cover any problems. When you break in a mit do you only open it partway? :hammer:

·
Registered
74 Posts
ya, i pulled out of the dealer parking lot with .1 mile, took the first right, and ripped teh hell out of the first 3 gears. then back down through those gears. then again. then again. then i kicked it's ass for a few more miles. then i slowed down a bit and got used to the bike. ;)

no problems yet!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ride it like you stole it.I have not see a demo bike get an easy break in yet and they go like the clappers :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
182 Posts
A new Speed Triple won't be worth poop unless it's wheelied within the first 10 miles. Mine did as it left the dealership.

[ This message was edited by: AaUuuuGaa on 2007-02-26 00:42 ]

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
and this is why i will never buy a used bike. :hammer:

i broke mine in like a kitten from the first mile and it runs like a raped ape now. have almost 9k miles on it so far.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
On 2007-02-26 11:40, tekmoe wrote:

i broke mine in like a kitten from the first mile and it runs like a raped ape now.
says the man that hasn't seen over 4k rpm. :hammer: :-D

btw, I bought my speedy used with 2k miles and it runs faster than limey does when he's being chased by my cousin! :razz:

[ This message was edited by: cheapbastard on 2007-02-26 12:01 ]

·
Registered
321 Posts
On 2007-02-26 00:37, shiver wrote:
Ride it like you stole it.I have not see a demo bike get an easy break in yet and they go like the clappers :-D :-D :-D
For sure!!

My S4 had some probs with the speedo and had to stay overnight at my dealer. They gave me a Yeller S3 to get home and said: Take it easy, only has 800km on the clock. Still has to have the first service. Bring her back in 1 piece.

Drove away from the dealer, waited till she was warm and willing to go...

REDLINED her home. That left me wondering how to reset the topscore, 'cause it told 243km/h :-D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts