Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having avoided the dreaded plastic female fuel couplings for all these years I thought I was doing well. One eventually gave up and I quickly stripped and was about to fit the new fitting when I noticed something.

You might need to zoom in. I'll upload a closer view shortly.

No prizes but just a little quiz.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Original filter. The service book has pages of dealer stamps up to C40k when I got the bike. Now on 52k and I've not changed the filter. What is the correct filter change interval?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What makes you think it's the original filter?
Good question. Not everyone moves to aftermarket filters. I still insist upon Triumph branded oil filters. Nothing wrong with most aftermarket (Fram excepted) but I like the assurance I've got a decent one on the bike. When I replace fuel filters, same thing.

More commonly, if you are having your bike serviced by the dealer, they're apt to use factory stuff too.

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Some dealer could have bought a huge case of them. Who really knows...

Odds are high that it was never changed though. Just another reason I do all my own service.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I might use a carbide scriber I have (high speed steel like a small drill also works) to scribe the date on the new filter can. That way if you're not the next guy to change it, the new owner will know when it was last done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts