Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
10,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second day of winter and we have four threads on the weather. Riding season is a long long way off. Basically we are screwed. :D

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Cabin fever....the walls, man, they're closin' in...20 degrees in the sun...gasp...gasp...must...must ride. Cold, too cold...where're my gloves; I'm goin' anyhow! LOL

·
Premium Member
17,479 Posts
Oh yeah, we're hosed. We'll all be talking to trees within the week. Won't be much of a change for some of us. :p

·
Registered
598 Posts
Say what you will. I'll probably be riding by noon tomorrow. The high is supposed to be in the 50s & 60s for the next few days.

P.S. I try not to carry on long conversations with trees.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
I tried to get my bike out onto the street today. But the snow wouldn't let it move much. Whenever I moved the bike, it'd make a little ridge of snow in front of the front tire. The rear was happy following the path the front cut for a few feet. I decided to ride the bike out of the yard like a true tree palaver. Good thinking that. After I started the bike and the motor was warmed up, I hopped on. The bike slipped to the right and the rear tire dug a trench in my lawn and then slewed left cutting zigzag lines across the grass. Only then did it dawn on me what I was doing was essentially stupid. Tomorrow I'm shoveling my way to the road! Got to get ready for my annual Christmas Day ride! What cabin fever?

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
bugger i'm going to have to put up with this weather again:D

Perth, 15:59 WDT
Temperature: 22.7°C
Heat Index/Wind Chill: 22.7°C
Humidity: 49%
Wind: SW 26km/h
Gusts: 39km/h
Pressure: 1010.6hPa
Rainfall since 9am: 0.0mm

This week in Perth
Wednesday : 29°C
Thursday : 28°C
Friday : 27°C
Saturday : 27°C
Sunday : 31°C
Monday : 35°C
Tuesday : 31°C

·
Registered
282 Posts
What weather?

The only things obstructing riding here at the moment are holiday traffic and the number of police that are on the roads to control it. 25°C & sunny.
Went for a ride yesterday seeing as I'm on holidays myself then went to the bike shop and bought oil and filter to give the Speedie a Xmas present. :)

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
everyone just needs to vent now and then. Don't know how you guys do it, not being able to ride for months at a time. I go crazy when it rains all weekend. Even in the worse time of year when it's hotter than hell and humidity at 90%+ we can ride very early in the morning or late in afternoon. Guess the downside is we can ride year round, but don't necessarily have the great roads you folks do up North. For me I must ride about 30 miles to get away from the traffic and into the country. That distance will continue to increase as more development takes place just north and east of us.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
"What's Up With All The Weather Threads?"

Gosh, I don't know Lee. Looks to me as though you started the majority of 'em yourself. What IS up with all the weather related threads?

·
30,296 Posts
Well, I was hoping that we could get another one going so that there would be five of them.

That way the last one would be "the fifth elements" thread.

Ha ha hah hahaha .

Er..........

Hmmm.:dull:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Does anyone else sometimes go out to there garage winter or summer and just stare at their bike or am I the only crazy one?

P.S. If no one else does this, then I don't either.:eek:

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Lee, you started it!:FunnyFace: I'm Zenning my way to a more positive winter me. On second thought, let me go out to the garage, start up the bike and suck on the fumes awhile.:wacko: I'll be able to last, I know it............................I must resist! :brick:

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
30,296 Posts
Does anyone else sometimes go out to there garage winter or summer and just stare at their bike or am I the only crazy one?

No.

I moved mine into my dining room, and I occassionally sit on it making vroom noises.

:goofy:

This is true.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts

Yes and you are perfectly normal. Sometimes I give her a quick caress on my way by also.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
When there's nothing else to talk about, talk about the weather! We used to have fun going back and forth arguing about global warming. Turns out some of US were right and some of THEM were wrong :D...

·
30,296 Posts
The weather is an important topic. It is perfect infill material for embarrassing pauses in conversations.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
But that's kinda of leaven us hanging out on a LIMB here. You know what the say, "You can't see the trees for the forest or is that the other way around?:confused::D"

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts