Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 04 TBS and am really interested in the single seat with the cowl. My only question is what is underneath it...space? and how is it to take on and off? good place for smokes, glasses, etc. (my vanson has no pockets).

Also I will probably be selling a high pillion seat...and a fly screen...

Would be willing to trade for a single seat w/ cowl and a summer screen.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
I have the solo seat and I love it compared to the stock seat. Go figure since I am a big guy and many people have complained it is too hard. I guess different strokes...

Anyway, I haven't done much investigation about free space but I will check when I get home tonight. It also goes on and off very easily. It doesn't have those stupid hooks under the stock seat so it isn't a pain to take on and off.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
you would get smakes and glasses under there, but keep them in a bag as there is nothing closing off the underside.

·
Registered
919 Posts
On 2005-09-12 14:29, gregzilla wrote:
Just picked up an 04 TBS and am really interested in the single seat with the cowl. My only question is what is underneath it...space? and how is it to take on and off? good place for smokes, glasses, etc. (my vanson has no pockets).

Also I will probably be selling a high pillion seat...and a fly screen...

Would be willing to trade for a single seat w/ cowl and a summer screen.
If the fly screen is black I'm interested in buying it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The answer is ' SPACE ' I can get a pair of waterproof over trousers , a disc lock and sunglasses all in bags . I have also had an electric air pump and the disc lock. It is very usefully and the seat clips on and off very easily.

I find the seat a bit harder than the stock item ( Which ,contrary to public opinion ,I find pretty comfortable on long runs) as looks go the single seat is much nicer in my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Gregzilla,

I put the TBS solo seat on my '01 Legend. There is a lot of space under the cowl. I found a good sized plastic box with a hinged snap lid and mounted it with a bolt and a big flat washer to the underside frame. There's a couple of odd holes to use. It's water proof and you can keep all the necessary papers (registration, insurance cards, etc) that you want to keep with the bike at all times. Also there is plenty of left over space for a disc lock, a few tools, sunglasses, gloves, etc. The left over space above and around the box can still be used to stuff even more soft items in baggies. Very useful and convenient!

As thunderscot says, the solo seat is harder but, oddly enough, it's much more comfortable than the dual seat. I have heard many other people voice the same opinion. Weird, but true.

Cogito ergo equito

Bob

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I find my solo seat more comfortable also.
I think that it is because the stock seat applies pressure to my butt in different places and causes it to go numb. (and because my brains are down there I start to get dumb when my butt gets numb) :-D
It also feels like it slopes forward and makes me want to lean forward more. This eventually starts to hurt my back muscles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey all - quick question. I have a 99 TBS with the solo seat and cowl. Today I noticed that one of the bolts (right side facing towards the front of the bike) cane lose and lost somewhere. Can someone please advise what size bolt goes in there and if there’s a corresponding but on the other side? I’ll do some digging but if anyone has that info handy I’d really appreciate it. Thanks. Attaching a picture of the TBS

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey all - quick question. I have a 99 TBS with the solo seat and cowl. Today I noticed that one of the bolts (right side facing towards the front of the bike) cane lose and lost somewhere. Can someone please advise what size bolt goes in there and if there’s a corresponding but on the other side? I’ll do some digging but if anyone has that info handy I’d really appreciate it. Thanks. Attaching a picture of the TBS
Sonny, do you have the OEM solo seat, or is this an aftermarket unit? Can't tell from the pic... Are these the bolts underneath that attach the cowl to the rear of the seat pan?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts