Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an America which is efi. The tank is ok but I have a tank off an 06 in my shed which I like a lot.
What’s under the tank on the 09? I'm guessing a pump and maybe the brain anything else?
Has anybody else considered the tank change?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The fuel pump is inside the tank on your 09. Your 06 tank has a hole for the fuel tap, which your 09 doesn't have. I think those will be your two main issues to overcome - nothing is impossible but it's probably a lot of work. I think the "brain" will be in the same place as the ignitor unit is on the non-EFI bikes, under the seat. I believe the ignitor and EFI control functions are combined into a single unit.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a Bo-Peep at the underside of the tank; I took the rear tank bolt off and lifted the rear. There are a lot of tubes and stuff. I was thinking I would take it all the way off but wasn’t sure just what I was to undo to achieve it.
I figure if I can put a fuel pump somewhere and run a line from the old petcock to the new pump and on to the efi petrol receiver it could work.
I notice there is something new up inside the fork head. It’s held in by 2 bolts, what’s that?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts