Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all

I was changing the air filter out on my sprint rs this afternoon, so have taken the tank off etc. What's this? And should it be conneted, and what to?

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
88 Posts
The factory had a 3mm hose connected to the right front corner of the airbox. It had a very slight affect on fuel pressure and most ST/RS bikes no longer have anything connected at all.

I concur on the plastic fuel line fittings. Replacement is pretty much mandatory. IF you're in the US there's a recall and you can still get it done by any Triumph dealership as it was a NHTSA Mandatory Recall. Call your local Triumph dealer, give the service dept. the last six of your VIN and they'll look it up for you.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Kit did a good write up in the Stickies as the recall is only part of what you need.

The plastic is probably going to snap in two when you go to unscrew it so a tip here with plunging a hot screwdriver into the plastic and letting it cool has worked out really well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts