Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I started to remove the rest of the AI components and I noticed this thing which seems like it was part of the system, but i'm not sure. Can someone clue me in?

I found a link to AI removal but it was basic and didn't go into removing all the unnecessary stuff.

it's also connected to both the carbs. Can I remove it and plug the hole or should I just leave it there?
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Threw mine away and just left hose coming from between the carburetors [some sort of venting] tucked up under frame spine.
Just looked your second photo - that crosspipe needs to be there [venting] so after taking off that switch and excess tubing, swivel the crosspipe so rubber tube is vertical; this will keep water and stuff from getting into carburetor.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Dan, That part in the first photo attached to the frame can be removed and as BRG states, leave the tube to the plastic part on the carb but swivel the attachment so it faces downwards

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Dan, That part in the first photo attached to the frame can be removed and as BRG states, leave the tube to the plastic part on the carb but swivel the attachment so it faces downwards
Oh, yes, downwards if the rubber tube is off. With the length of tubing I left on, it goes up and safely under the tank.

·
Registered
510 Posts
+1 on what other said

The part in the first photo can be removed when removing the AI. Not necessary.
Tube in the second photo is the carb venting tube.....necessary. Just let mine hang down to where my EVAP canister used to be....right next to my fuel tank overflow tube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts