Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Well, if the choice comes down to my wife's Dodge Caravan and my XJ8 (yes Mr. Clarkson, I am a cad!) It's gotta be the Jag.

Actually it drives really well - rear wheel drive, V8, aluminium body, good suspension and likes to be pushed into corners, and accelerated hard out of 'em. I've surprised quite a few beemer drivers (well nearly all of them really ;)).

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't mean in any real, technical sense, whatever that might be; I mean what car give you the closest to the same giddy thrill as you push it* through a good set of curves as a good motorcycle?
Back in 1980 I told my wife I was finished with motorcycles. I bought a classic 1972 MGB Bored and stroked the engine and did a complete hot rod job on it. I had that for 10yrs. After that I got a Mazda Miata and put headers and cold air induction system on it. Still have that and bought my Triumph America. There is nothing like a motorcycle.

Certainly not a good handler and not fast, but the thrill of pushing it to it's (low) limit is definitely an adrenaline rush!
And it's a Triumph!

Beautiful and rare.

My Tiger Super Six kit car. 600kg with a Ford Twin cam 2 litre engine tuned to 160bhp and twin Weber DCOE's. Good fun and not as uncomfortable a it looks:
Love it. Looks like fun

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
To all who won't drive a certain car because it may be considered a 'chick" car, or "hairdressers" car, remember that the girls you may meet will probably love them, as most women aren't that excited about the same hot rod type cars that guys are....just an observation.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
The most motorcycle-ish train

Has to be Qld's Tilt Train, which actually leans into the bends!

Though it's no peg-scratcher.:D

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I can't beleive nobody's mentioned the greatest car ever designed by a mere mortal, the Citroen 2CV.

First off, it basically has a motorcycle engine. Boxer twin, like a BMW bike, only 600cc...

Dead easy to work on. All the "fairings" (or body panels) pop right off.

You can feel the wind in your hair as not only does the roof roll back, but the windows flip up like a helmet visor.

It leans right over going around corners (though technically in the opposite direction from bikes).

If it's raining, you get wet, just like on a bike, as the car leaks from just about every seam...

In the event of a crash, there is very little chance that you'll come off without injury, so you drive much more carefully.

No radio.

Very noisy.

And finally, little old people come up to you telling you how they used to have one. :)

(my lovely car with my dopey dog)

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I don't mean in any real, technical sense, whatever that might be; I mean what car give you the closest to the same giddy thrill as you push it* through a good set of curves as a good motorcycle?
Funny you should mention the mini Cooper.My friend gave up his GoldWing, him and his wife bought a Mini-Cooper. He kept telling me how great it was and how much fun they had in it. I just couldn't see it,till a read this post. Maybe there's something to it. As for me it was my old girlfriends 1970 MG Miget. I had some fun in that little car back in 72.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Don't get me wrong, there's still a fun gap, but yes, that little car was a blast.

As for the Miget, did you have fun driving it, or riding ;) in it?

61 - 68 of 68 Posts