Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says I'm wondering if there's any difference between the two. I've been looking around for a good deal and I found a couple that seems fair. The first one I found is a new 2020 model and the other one is a 2021, but it's a demo bike with a little over 500 miles. They look identical so I'm leaning towards the 2020 model because it's cheaper and I don't know how well the 2021 one was broken into during its first 500 miles. If anyone has any experience with demo models or knows the difference between the 2020 and 2021 please do let me know. Also, if you're in SoCal and selling your 2019+ street triple let me know!

Registered
No difference between the 2020 & 2021.

I think this year bikes got a new paint scheme -

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Looks good but the red subframe, I would prefer to be silver or black....

No experience owning a former demo bike but personally that wouldn't be a bad reason not to get it, 500miles is nothing.
As long as it comes with warranty you're golden 馃槣

I would choose the 2020, the cheaper option!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the
No difference between the 2020 & 2021.

I think this year bikes got a new paint scheme -

View attachment 765330

Looks good but the red subframe, I would prefer to be silver or black....

No experience owning a former demo bike but personally that wouldn't be a bad reason not to get it, 500miles is nothing.
As long as it comes with warranty you're golden 馃槣

I would choose the 2020, the cheaper option!
Thanks for the second opinion. I'll prob go with the 2020 model then.

Registered
That pic is what my 22 looks like. Glossy silver looks great and the rest has really grown on me in real life.

All demo bikes get a quick run in but how much can you thrash a fastish bike on a short test ride near a city centre?

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Registered
2018 Triumph Street Triple RS
I wouldn't worry about the bike being a demo bike. Engine break-in is 95% myth so even if it was ridding hard, it won't matter. You can ride a bike like you stole it from day 1, or you can be a nervous grandma for the first 1,000 miles. Either way, at the next oil change, there won't be a perceptible difference between the two engines. As long as it wasn't run very low on a vital fluid, or dropped, it's just as good as one that is still in the crate.

If there are no real differences and the 2020 is cheaper, I'd go with that one. No reason to pay more for the same product when you don't have to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts