Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
I would say generally 'not much' in std form (as per @$hporty recent acquisition) - and the paint scheme is very much going to be in the eye of the beholder which potential buyers will either love or hate.
So I think is going to be VERY hard to put a value on it.
It's going to come down to what YOU value it as and whether you can find a buyer who matches that expectation.
Honestly, I think it will be very difficult to sell especially if you're looking for a premium price to recover your paint costs and other mods.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
If you are asking about worth to sell, I would ask $4K and let the offers roll in. I bought my '98 T595 in 2010 from the original owner with less than 8K miles for $3.3K. But, my bike looks stock. Whatever you sell for will either cover the paint and mods, maybe or just the bike. Of course, you only need to find one person who likes the paint scheme. The color combos just don't work for me. Good luck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well if you like it then it’s your choice. £2500 doesn’t sound a bad price especially considering the low mileage and work that’s gone into it.
Personally, they’d have to pay me £2500 to take it off their hands, I think it’s hideous!

·
Registered
63 Posts
@freck As far as I know it was originally sold in the US. In the new york area there's a lot of bikes. And a lot of them have low mileage. I think because of the crazy drivers and tragic around here. I think it deters people from riding.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been to the Mecum/Mid-America Auction in Las Vegas for multiple years now and one or two bikes of different makes each year show up like this one. In an auction setting I have seen these type of builds go for around $5,000. You just have to have the right couple of bidders in the audience. However this is a low miles remnant of a great bike and i would buy it if it were in my neighborhood for sale. From the beginning they always had a bit of bling to them. See photo and good luck.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts