Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

whatever happened to ...... Whisperinsmith?

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  rndtaylor 
#1 ·
John as been missing from here for some time now.I miss his thought provoking threads and humility.

He did his huge around USA trip last summer for the Bennington Bash then seems to have sunk below the waves.

Hasnt logged in since July.

Does anyone know how he is and how to contact him?

Grant:cool:

#7 ·
Actually the default user settings will send an email to his address with a copy of the PM, he won't necessarily have to log on to get it.

However - if he isn't posting, and hasn't logged on in a long while (I haven't checked that) then quite simply - that's his business really.

#14 · (Edited)
Actually the default user settings will send an email to his address with a copy of the PM, he won't necessarily have to log on to get it.

...... OK thanks prop - I know when I get a PM I dont also get an email automatically.Perhaps my settings are wrong?
However I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.

Grant:cool:

edit - you are quite right there prop - there is a setting in the user control panel which will send an email notifying of a PM.Mine is 'off'.

#13 ·
I did not spend a lot of time round whisper, but I got to know mellow very well, and he is one of the most entertaining people I have ever met, and a good friend.

He has had some health and job issues lately that have required a lot of his time, but we still swap emails on occasion. I will let him know he is missed here.

#16 ·
I did not spend a lot of time round whisper, but I got to know mellow very well, and he is one of the most entertaining people I have ever met, and a good friend.

He has had some health and job issues lately that have required a lot of his time, but we still swap emails on occasion. I will let him know he is missed here.
Make sure you tell him HiDesert says 'hi,' and would like to hear from him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.