Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I know it's all about opinions but I think this bike looks like crap.
Unless it started as a wrecked bike with an unusable frame, converting any motorcycle to a rigid suspension greatly limits it's usefulness and practicality. Kinda puts it into the same category as most customized hardleys. :rolleyes:

I'm an old guy so I'm supposed to appreciate "bobbers" but I don't care for them... :p

To each, his own ;)

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I wouldn't mind taking a couple of laps around the neighborhood on that thing. Of course I'd need a scarf and an old leather football helmet to make the ride complete. ha!

·
Registered
427 Posts
What a total waste of a good bike, looks like something a 10 year old would build in there back yard and discard it the very next day

Pile of pooh :arghh:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I just don t get this "Bobber" thing and thankfully it hasn t caught on in Oz. Its not going to go around corners with that steering geometery, its certainly not going to tour and after the first decent pot hole it is going to lose its credability to commute. Its "form over function". You may think you look cool riding it but your only kidding yourself.
:confused:
Hey, thats my opinion and I m intitled to it.
:p

·
Registered
267 Posts
I wouldn't do this to a new bike but, I saw a new bonne engine on e-bay for around $800.00 okay a salvaged engine. I'd like to build one. The fun part is building the bike its easy to take shots at any bike but, can you build one ? I think some people miss the whole point of custom motorcycles, go build a bike & ride it or race it. Then maybe you will understand what I'm talking about. Building & racing bikes over the years truly opened up what I think motorcycling is all about. I agree with sweat the rigid probably handles better than the stock shocks.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
I am on the fence with this one. Some custom jobs I really like and others don't appeal to me. I don't really like coppers and this is too chopper for me although I can totally appreciate the craftsmanship put into it.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts