Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

What year is your S3

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
trying to create a poll here. Sorry old and new guys trying to keep it 10 options

It’s also multiple choice for you high rollers who have more then 1

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
440 Posts
"3 kinds of lies: Lies, damn lies and statistics."

I love polls - and it's fun to see the results - I voted. But I suspect people who have had their bike 4 or more years are less likely to be checking this site as frequently as guys who have only had their bike less then 3 years. Thus skewing the results in favor of newer bikes.

Just a reality check. BTW - All years of S3 RULE!

·
Registered
81 Posts
So did this affect the 2002 model #'s?
Not sure which model year was in production at the time, I am not familiar with the company/fire enough to say.

Only heard about the fire via word of mouth and did a little googling to find if there was truth to it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mines an 09 Matte black, its also my First Triumph and I Love it!!!

My first nekked bike was/is ,as i still have it, my 07 FZ-1 ,I Took the fairing off did some wire harness work and Put the head light from "Burlington Yamaha" On it,Making it the FZ-1N like you can buy over seas, Loved it so much i Knew the next bike for me was the Speed triple the Grand Dad of all Nekkids :cool:

And I was Right this bike is Awesome !!!

You roll the throttle and This Babys coming up :D

Next Bike ??? Maybe the MV Brutale :D I'm a Torqueaholic Just can't get enough :D

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mine's a 2005 too.
A lot of guys from that time don't come here no more.

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
It doesn't surprise me to see that the 2007 model is the most popular. I think that awareness of the model got greater in the 2006/2007 timeframe after a series of consistently good magazine reviews on the 1050cc bike, so sales momentum picked up.

An additional factor was the fact that a lot of dealers, mine included, were significantly overstocked with '07s when the news of the '08 model came out. There were some pretty good deals out there as they tried to unload the older models, I got my '07 in May of '08, with a low interest rate, some free gear, and - due to the fact that they were overrun with white and green versions - a free set of bodywork because I insisted on a black model.

·
Registered
4 Posts
crazy anyone else know anything about the affect the fire had on distribution?

80% of the main factory (factory 1) was destroyed. it happened on march 15th 2002. by september 2002 the factory was completely rebuilt and production went on with 120 bikes a day.
I think 2002 model distribution was penalized...

oh, btw mine is an 02 :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Text from the Hayens manual about the fire

"....By the dawn of the 21st century Triumph had sold over 100,000 motorcycles.
Then the factory was struck by one of the biggest fires ever at a British industrial site. In March 2002 the production line, moulding shop and stores were destroyed and many other parts of the plant severely damaged. Just six months later the rebuild factory was running at full capacity. The first new product out of the doors was the Daytona 600, a replacement for the TT600....."

1 - 20 of 28 Posts