Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,271 Posts
Hard to say, could be a 61-62, but I'd need to know the frame & engine numbers.

Frame number is stamped just in front of the gas tank, on the left side of the frame; engine number on the top of the aluminum block, just below the cylinder fins.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Definitely pre-1960 ... (60 - 62 pre-unit bikes have a duplex frame) Looking at the Rask serial number link in the previous post lead me most conclusively to say that it's a '57. Model number is in the engine number (T110).

Check the frame (left side near headstock) and see what the number is on it. The serial should match the engine.

It certainly is a great find and seems mostly there. You have a lot more of it than I have of my 57 T110 (which is not a numbers bike ... it's more of a "50s Bitsa Pile").

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked again for the frame number and I'm not seeing anything. Should it be a tag or a is it stamped in the frame? And could be possibly be anywhere else?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I saw that at first, too, Paul ... it appears to be an optical illusion ... shadow from the camera flash. You can clearly see the angled tube from headstock to where it turns down and then the horizontal 'seat support' rear frame section sticking out behind it. The frame looks like a stock late 50s Triumph frame to me. In fact, from what I can see of it, it looks just like my 57 frame.

The numbers will be just in front of and possibly slightly below the fuel tank on the left side of the front frame tube. Sometimes they're somewhat 'filled in' with paint, etc. Go at it with a wire brush or abrasive pad and it should make itself seen ... unless you don't want to damage the finish on the frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts