Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran into an offer for a 1999 Legend TT with a modest cafe treatment. Seller says it hasn't run in a couple of years and it needs a battery. He said he'll take $900 for it. Mileage unknown.

Does this sound like a good price or no? I just bought my gorgeous T100 for six times that price, so it seems like a screaming deal to me, but that's not a fair comparison.

Any input? Anything to look for or worry about?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If the money is going to keep you from putting food on the table, or paying your electric bill, let it go. If it's just a weekend away money, jump on it. If it were me, I wouldn't pass an opportunity for $900. It's a gamble, but one I'd be willing to take.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, it was almost a month ago. I didn't get it. The owner was a dick and didn't want to answer questions, so I moved on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh, it was almost a month ago. I didn't get it. The owner was a dick and didn't want to answer questions, so I moved on.
I wouldn't have wanted to answer a lot of questions for $900 on that bike either. For that price its a come get it and leave me alone deal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't have wanted to answer a lot of questions for $900 on that bike either. For that price its a come get it and leave me alone deal.
Bitch, please. No one said it was a lot of questions. I think it's fair to ask "does it run?" and "do you have the title?" He lives 45 minutes away from me, but is too lazy to answer those questions? His only response was, "Just come and see it."

No thanks. Pass.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bitch, please. No one said it was a lot of questions. I think it's fair to ask "does it run?" and "do you have the title?" He lives 45 minutes away from me, but is too lazy to answer those questions? His only response was, "Just come and see it."

No thanks. Pass.
did you just "Bitch, please" me? maybe the seller wasn't the problem... Bye Felicia

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
did you just "Bitch, please" me? maybe the seller wasn't the problem... Bye Felicia
If the tiara fits, wear it, princess. ;)

I'm just messing around, but I still think the owner was a dick. He can't answer if it's running or if he has the title? Pass...come on. ANYONE would ask that question. I think he was hiding info. I don't need to try to deal with some thug and his "sick ass" bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts