Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'01 Sprint ST. Anybody with comments, good or bad, on Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen? Looking for something that is effective diverting wind from 60 to 80 mph. Don't care for the look of the higher "touring" models. Any idea's or suggestions on better screens?
Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dennyt,
Sport runs the Double Bubble and I think he likes it. Have a look at his pics. If you do a search and look at some of the older posts when these bikes were newer and everyone was outfitting them to suit their needs, there were a lot of positive posts on this windscreen. There are also screens from MRA, through twistedthrottle.com, Cee Baileys at ceebaileys.com and others; Triumph also makes their own touring screen, which is not excessively high. Me - I run an ungainly touring set-up, a Cee Baileys 16.5" Euro top windscreen to which I bolted a semi-custom 2" higher than stock MRA Vario spoiler. It took me 2 months to talk MRA into making it and they will no longer make anything custom or semi-custom. I lower the spoiler for towns or back roads, raise it for the freeway. On freeway I still look over the top of the spoiler, and only get wind at the top of my helmet with nearly no buffetting, can tuck down a bit for no wind, but I'm too old to hold the tuck for long.

I think it was Jimmy Buffet who first discovered buffetting, although others have credited him with originating buffet-style restaurants.

Caution: Dr. Kevorkian (Dr. Death) is about to be released on parole. The parole officer thinks he has reformed because he keeps saying "Stop Youth in Asia." Watch for him lurking in your neighbourhood.

jeffster

[ This message was edited by: jeffster on 2006-12-22 15:37 ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DennyT - I have the Zero Gravity double bubble on my "01 ST and really like it. I'm 6'2" and have a corbin saddle that's about 1" taller than stock on my ST. This screen really cleaned up the turbulence around my upper body. The screen is even blue, like my sprint.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have a Triumph DB screen for my RS. It came with it. I purchased a black standard screen but switched back as I didn't like it.

Kev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts