Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new guy is back. I have another question and my browser won't let me search all of the threads right now (weather is bad). Is the weight of the Mobile 1 4T racing oil made especially for Triumphs all 10w40? I have about 3.5 L that I got from the previous owners of my '05 T100 and can't find a weight/grade on the container. Wal Mart is currently selling Mobile 1 10w40 racing oil and 15w50 twin motorcycle oil for motorcycles at $8.65 a quart. I wanted one more quart to top off the next oil change (which will be soon) and, of course, I want the right weight. Thanks in advance for any input.

Sarge

·
Registered
760 Posts
For the record...

Mobil 1 4T definitely comes in both grades. I just bought 10W-40 "Mobil 1 Racing 4T" and there's an ad on the back cover of the fourth issue of Triumph's official magazine (Summer 08 issue) for 15W-50 "Mobil 1 Racing 4T". Both are supposed to be OK for our twins.

Best Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, it appears from their website that they do make both weights. I did a little more digging and found that the 15w50 is marketed specifically for Triumph motorcycles. Thanks for the help guys.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts