Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Honda CBR600 F4i.....nice bike for sure.

But Speedy makes me smile more and turns way more heads.

JOHN

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1200 - 1500 miles on rear tyre / local knob rots started paying attention to bike and some kindly advice from the local police about speeds to be maintained on the public highway.... Miss her, but Speedy floats my boat in so many more ways!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
FZ1 here, still have it too. Great bike with killer top end, thought it had good torque too until I got the S3, its not even close in the low to mid range.

Never really got many looks on that bike and no complimants, the S3 draws lots of attention compared to that bike.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
A decade and a half on old airheads.

I just wanted to enjoy the benefits of something whose technology was less of a throwback to WWII-era engineering, and an oh-why-not test ride on the S3 led to a same-day purchase. I've had absolutely no buyer's remorse.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Here's a couple I could find pictures of:

The Radain was one of my Favorites. It wasn't the coolest bike in the hood but was a blast to ride. That was the start of my love with the S3.

My XR250r at a poker run in CO. Had a four stroke before 4 strokes were cool. I just hated mixing.

The FZR with jet kit and Vance and Hines pipe was a ripper.

[ This message was edited by: xSpeed3x on 2006-12-05 10:12 ]

·
Registered
43 Posts
'04 Moto Guzzi Le Mans, silver and red metallic..ah..Molto Benne...and I wish I still had her. Very agricultural feeling but sounded great and gorgeous.

Of course, i'd still keep the S3! Maybe I'll pick up a used one.... :-D

·
Registered
204 Posts
My first bike was a Yamaha 650, I can't even remember what the name was right now. I currently have a Honda nighthawk 750 which sucks ass. I should have the S3 in the garage in a few weeks to a month as long as everything goes smoothly :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
1100 Virago was the one I got rid of when I got speedy, had a bunch of other sport bikes over the years

·
Registered
219 Posts
99 Tiger. Great bike- but too tall for me. Speedy fits a lot better, and is the bike I really wanted after I saw it for the first time. (A year after I got the Tiger.)

I would like something with hard bags again in the future- possibly the new Tiger if the hight is better. Will never sell Speedy though... Unless for a comparable new Speedy.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
My previous ride was also a triple, and had similar engine character, though the 750 put out 50 less HP, and weighed more than 100 lbs greater than the S3. Handled exactly the same though... :roll: I eventually put standard handlebars on mine. I sold it in 1988.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
well hell, since I haven't owned as many as some of ya, I'll just list what I've owned from my start of riding! :-D

starter bike...
93 Honda CBR F2(the purdy one in red, white, and blue) :-D - rode her a pathetic 8k miles in a year

next step...
96 Honda CBR 900RR(again the purdy one, the erion racing edition) - rode her 24k miles in 2 years

then came my 1st and only new bike purchase, and my new found love fer yammy's... :-D
99 Yamaha R1(you've seen her, the blinged out blue one) - rode her 30k miles in 3 years, and during that time tore up the crank and 3rd gear which were both covered under my ext warr. :-D

then tickets started accumulate'n so I went back down to a 600 fer insurance reasons... :(
01 Honda CBR F41(silver/black) - that was my down year, didn't git much riding time, and the bike didn't do much fer me after the R1, rode her a pathetic 6k miles in 1 year

then back to the yammy...
02 Yamaha R1(silver/black) - rode her about 20k miles in 2 years until I test rode the speedy, and it was all over after that! :-D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Same as graciejohn2, I traded in a CBR600 F4i for my S3. It would've been nice to keep the Honda as a track day machine, but the triple is a lot more fun.

·
Registered
700 Posts
As a young wild thing I had a slew of Husqvarnas, but then I bought the Trophy 1200. 1200, that's what I'm talking about. That thing was REALLY top heavy, but it really ran good going down the highway. I don't know how many miles I put it, but it had 47k on the clock and was running strong. The old Trophy is what the new Sprint should be. Apparently, the Trophy 1000 is what put Triumph back on the map when they made their glorious return?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts