Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i have the suspension sorted, thanks to all the guys on this forum. .. i'm looking for some decent rubber for my daytona, really want something that will stick like glue, not worried about mileage.. does anyone know if the diablo corsa's work well?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like Pilot Power and more so Pilot Power 2CT's, these tires rock, wear great (you can run them to the nub and they work like new) and they are wonderful in the wet or damp.

Seems the 190/55 is the hot set up, mine came with the 180/55 so I will most likely wait to upgrade to the 190/55.

Hope this helps,

Michael

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've a Pilot Power front and a Pilot Road 2 on the back. I like the combination.

Cheers,

Linz :)
A friend of mine also recommended this set-up which I tried on the R1200RT last year, boy did that combination suck! So much so, I took the new tires off just after one weekend of riding. Sold the rear and have the front when the 2CT's where on one of my sport bikes.

That back and front combination have different profiles and different levels to stick which I felt right-away, very odd to me.

I ended up going with Roadsmarts for the RT and those I really, really like.

What do you like about this combination?

Michael

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 1980 CB650C in resto
17,815 Posts
+1 for Michelin Pilot 2CTs (Power or Road). Great tires.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I found little performance difference (in terms of feedback) between the 2CT and the Pilot Power...the 2CT is definitely a stickier tire on the track. For street riding...definitely the Pilot Power, for budget track riding, the 2CT's rock.

For balls out track riding...Pirelli Supercorsa's or Pilot Power Race...190/55 for a good planted feel in the corners or a 180/55 for a faster turn in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've heard the new Pilot One's are really good for the track. They make a few versions, the typical Power One is for use regular go fast mountain road types and track days. They also have a complete line of Pilot One race tires with A, B & C compounds.

One great thing about Michelins is they continue to work to the "wear" bar, with Pirelli's, once tires are about 2/3 worn, they don't work well enough to trust anyone.

Michael

·
Registered
311 Posts
brigestone BT-0016 they are 5 diff layers and the technology is new and michelins is five years old.
as with the BT-002 and new BT-003. The BT-016 will probably be the best for regular street and fast riding etc. Either way you cant go wrong with Michelins or Bridgestone. its evident that Bridgestones technological edge got them the single tire choice in MotoGP.

·
Registered
342 Posts
A friend of mine also recommended this set-up which I tried on the R1200RT last year, boy did that combination suck! So much so, I took the new tires off just after one weekend of riding. Sold the rear and have the front when the 2CT's where on one of my sport bikes.

That back and front combination have different profiles and different levels to stick which I felt right-away, very odd to me.

I ended up going with Roadsmarts for the RT and those I really, really like.

What do you like about this combination?

Michael
Well, the front still had life in it when I place the new rear on, so I was kind of stuck with it for a while... I like the combination on the Triumph.

I wouldn't use 2CT's on an RT because I'd get very little life from them. With the riding I do, it's Metzeler Marathons (ME 880's) for my BMW. Lotsa life in those tires.

Linz :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
My buddy who recommended the 2CT/Road 2, combo started with a used front 2CT and new Road 2 rear (he rides a C-14).

I circled back with him a few months later and and let him know my feelings about his suggestion. Since I had last seen him, he had change tires and started off with a set of new 2CT/Road 2 combo and he too said he did not like the combo any more and cited the "new" 2CT as the problem, feeling the front 2CT when worn was more compatible with a rear Road 2.

Just thought I would share.

Michale

·
Registered
69 Posts
big fan of pilot powers, much less squirly than my oe bt10s especially when cold. gonna try the pilot road 2's this time though, got a couple of 1500 mile road trips scheduled this summer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
big fan of pilot powers, much less squirly than my oe bt10s especially when cold. gonna try the pilot road 2's this time though, got a couple of 1500 mile road trips scheduled this summer.
I'm too a big fan of Pilot Powers and like PP 2CT's for the track. I've tried Pilot Road 2's on my BMW and I hated them, took them off only after a week and replaced with Roadsmarts. I highly recommend the Roadsmarts, please learn from my mistake.

Michael

·
Registered
69 Posts
thanks for the advice Vffr1, just out of curiosity how many miles did you run the road two's before scrapping them, and what specifically sucked about them, I only ask because I have seen some info regarding a long break in period after which the tire performs well

1 - 20 of 36 Posts