Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my sp3 in Dec 06 with 3300mi on it from an experienced rider who changed the oil with mobil synthetic 2 times the first time at 500 and the second at 3200. He did not do anything els to the bike but gas and go and checked the fluids. This is my first bike and I don't want to damage or ruin it and don't want to bring it to the dealer where I know I will be ripped off. Is there anyone that can recomend the service that needs to be done to the bike that I can do myself to keep the bike in the prestine condition it is in. :cool:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I ALWAYS recommend changing (or at least checking the oil) when buying a used bike or car.

Other than that, keep it fed good oil, filters, and fuel. Run the $#ite out of it!

You might want to look at the coolant and brake fluid as well.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Just get the valve maintenance done every 10-12,000 miles by a good reliable dealership if you want to keep your warranty up to date. Otherwise, buy the tool and DIY. Thats the only thing I don't do myself at this point. My next tool purchases will be the valve shim tool, shims, a chain break/press, and a fork fluid level tool. THEN, I'll be able to do just about everything myself just short of a complete motor rebuild and pulling bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts