Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my trident pipe and i was wondering what the best tune would be. i love the sound of the pipe when you get off the throttle but i took it out the other night when it was in the mid forty's and when you tried opening the throttle fully there was a big hesitation like it was real lean. i have seen what happens to a engine when it goes leans for a peirod of time and it ain't pretty. any help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
It all depends how much you want to spend. There are 3 things you can do. Get a TuneBoy program, get a Power Commander III or have the dealer download the TOR program.

The Tuneboy, you need a computer to hook up. It is a program. This IMO is the best way. You download a tune and it remaps the ECU of the bike. But a little pricey.

The PCIII is a piggy back device you hook up to the ECU. You can download tunes to the PCIII. About teh same price as the TuneBoy, but the TuneBoy has alot more features.

The 3rd way, which is what I have is have the dealer install the TOR tune. Alot cheaper. Price will vary though per dealer. I paid $34. My dealer just charged 1/2 hour of his time. Some dealers will charge for time and the tune. My dealer said why pay for the tune. He already has it. Just took 15 minutes to get it installed.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going to put a tor tune in for now but what tune do i need dont triumph have more than one tune.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
burn_out04, Triumph has two, 10179 and 10181. 10179, while tailored to SAI engines, works well for many. The 10181 works well, but can leave the bike a devil to cold start sometimes...that said, I've the 10181.

Brad

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just installed the new tune and man what a difference but whats up with it being so hard to start cold i thought my battery was going to give out before it started

1 - 7 of 7 Posts