Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a 2003-2004 Speed Triple. I've seen a couple, all with about 5000 miles or so, and I was wondering what I should be paying. The price seems to vary quite a bit from seller to seller. Most of these bikes were taken care of as well so its not like I'm looking at a trashed bike and an almost new one.

[ This message was edited by: cafecarl12 on 2007-01-22 21:03 ]

·
Registered
344 Posts
kbb.com

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
What you want is a cheapbastard opinion. :-D If I was looking for 03-04 in mint condition with low mileage, I wouldn't want to spend more than $6k. I would think a good deal would be around $5500. Don't know if beers has sold his or not yet, but he had his priced at $5400 with average mileage, but the bike is immaculate. -----------------> clicky

·
Registered
700 Posts
On 2007-01-23 07:43, cheapbastard wrote:
What you want is a cheapbastard opinion. :-D If I was looking for 03-04 in mint condition with low mileage, I wouldn't want to spend more than $6k. I would think a good deal would be around $5500. Don't know if beers has sold his or not yet, but he had his priced at $5400 with average mileage, but the bike is immaculate. -----------------> clicky
+1 When it's closer to buying a house time I'm going to post mine right at 6k, and mine is prime. 02-04 are the years when front brakes weren't optional. :-D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Whatever your doing do it now.Snow on the ground always brings the prices down.Couple more months and the prices will rise :hammer:

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm looking at adding an S3 or Daytona.The Daytonas are a bit cheaper. I'm wanting the original(s) as I prefer the looks and the earlier 955i engine has more grunt.From 2002 the torque was moved further up the rev range in the search for more power. Dealer prices for 2000 S3 are just under £4000 which is quite steep really. I need to decide but I already know the S3 is more fun for the Sunday Run.I can use my Tiger for distance work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks. I wonder if beers ever did sell his. Is there anything different though between the 02-04? Or is it not worth the extra cash for an 04 over an 02?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts