Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to pick up a used Sprint ST and have found several 2007 and 2008 models. Almost all of them have around 20,000 or more miles on them. What should I be looking for in terms of known faults and recall issues that should have been corrected? I've read of fuel pumps and fuel fittings. What other problems should should I be on the lookout for?

Thanks,
~fish

·
Registered
219 Posts
There was a drag link bolt recall. I've had zero problems with mine other than the recall. It's got 22k miles. Great bikes!

·
Registered
58 Posts
what mepeck said , even if it hasn't been changed your local triumph dealer should do it for free. in April when i bought my 06 ST (no questions asked other than your VIN ) and no hassle, that's great service from triumph considering it's a 6 year old bike and i didn't even bought it from their dealer.

·
Premium Member
24,354 Posts
All Sprint ST and RS models both 955 and 1050 have a weak charging system.

This is usually caused by the OEM reg / rec so you may want to enquire if an upgrade has been done.

Cheers
Dave:AustralianFlag

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
You can check recalls here:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm

It's great if they treat you well when doing a recall, but I'd hardly call doing government mandated safety repairs great service.

I don't think the '05->up models had the same problematic fuel fittings as the earlier ones, but I may be wrong about that.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can check recalls here:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm
I'd hardly call doing government mandated safety repairs great service.
Cheers,
-Kit
kit if you have owned a buell you would know, even if the recall was government mandated and it affected the whole production Harley dealers treated you like crap and would deny repairs.

so yes the fact that i didn't have to call 3 million people to get a simple recall done is great service to me.:D

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Ooh, I feel for you, man! Never went through that, but I did look at a Buell or two and even test-rode one, so I can imagine... :eek:

Cheers,
-Kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts