Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, had to get a mate to pick up my little 03 RS after its recent "bingle" . . .

6 weeks for parts .... no I still dont know what bits they were waiting for ....

anyway, i was told last monday that it would be ready on Friday ... I ring friday.. nope, its still not ready, by the way do you want us to fix some older stuff on the opposite side fairing....no thanks.....
ok, it'll be ready monday or tuesday ....

I ring insurance this morning ... yep, its ready, go get it ....

Get to dealer.... nope its not ready, but if you hang around for 10, we'll finish it for you ......

2 hours later I find that the battery was dead, they had to send a guy out to get another one, then they wanted to charge me for it !!

anyway, the manager came out and apologised and all that shite, but seriously, this dealer seems to have the slowest service department on the planet ....

other nearest triumph dealer is about 100Klm away ... might be worth a try though ....

So, long story short.... Is my money gonne hurt him if i dont spend it with him again ?
Should I make some sort of formal letter to Triumph Aus ? (UK?)

Basically i felt that because its an insurance Job they just didnt give me the time of day ..... this is the same dealer i just plopped down 9 big ones to buy the bike from about 7 weeks earlier !!

Never mind me, just tired, frustrated and sore ....

(Shoulder surgery here I come !!)

Later
J

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
That happens everywhere. Don't sweat it. Once you get the bike back, three days later you will have forgotten all about it.

dealers get busy. They have a lot of bikes to work on.

I used to get get pissed waiting for my bike. Now, I just wait til they call me. Usually a couple days after they gave me an original day.

When it's ready you'll be happy, and the work will be good. :-D

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
hey Jim - I know it can be frustrating.
With this experience - it may be worth writing to the dealer to let them know what happened and how you feel about the experience.
This should get it out of your system - also the dealer may not be aware of it ie his service dept may do this type of thing a bit without him knowing.
You never know - it might sort something out there and they might offer you some sort of apology or compensation? or the service manager might be pissed with you when you next call in? :???:
Grant :cool:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Would this dealer's initials happen to be R.A. ? If so they are a lot better than they used to be, but I still rarely go there. Try Central Coast Performance for your mech repairs, Rob and Pete will look after you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are right Rick ... oops, I mean Mick .....

Basically I spoke to my sales guy this morning and he said the place is a little "twitchy" there today and the service manager has been right royally bollocked .... apparantly this is how he treats ALL the customers there .....but not for much longer I'm lead to believe ....

Anyway, the bike is back, i got a free battery and they have lost a customer .... easy :)

I spotted Central Coast Performance a week or so ago (Over near the woodport ?) and thought I'd drop in for a Dyno and possibly a tune in a month or so when i can ride again ....

Cheers guys
J

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
James, you're lucky that you have a choice.

My dealer has been great for me (luckily) as my other choice is to take time off work to have a service done at an inconvenient location.

Life is good :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
On 2006-12-06 17:19, kazjim wrote:
I spotted Central Coast Performance a week or so ago (Over near the woodport ?) and thought I'd drop in for a Dyno and possibly a tune in a month or so when i can ride again ....
J
Rob and Pete are in West Gosford just down the road from said dealer;
3- 4 Merinee Rd, West Gosford 2250
Last time I went to said dealer they charged me $60 :mad: to load the TOR tune after I had my new cans fitted (not by them).
Rob and Pete used to work for 'Mr Burns' at Central Coast Motorcycles. Not much to choose from up on the Central Coast huh?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought my previous bike from "Senor Burns" . . . . .
(or to quote from the Simpsons .....

It may not surprise you,
But all of us despise you,
Please die,
And fry,
In Hell,
You rotten,
Rich old wretch,
Adios viejo!

)

we'll have to hook up one day Mick,
THanks for the pick me up...