Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is there to say... many of you know how I feel about the Sport Demons!!!

Admittidly if the Honda team had put a bit more petrol in the tanks... it might have been a different result, but then again maybe not. That ugly green bike was in the mix early & Haulin arse at the end.

Congrats to Steve Rapp! Attack Kawaski & PIRRELLI!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have heard it said that people with pirrelli tires get stray cat piss in there helmets.

I will stick to my metzelers. Better safe then sorry. :-D

Rick........................

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know what they say Sharp...

Better to be pissed on, than pissed off!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
On 2007-03-10 18:50, sharpshooter wrote:
I have heard it said that people with pirrelli tires get stray cat piss in there helmets.

I will stick to my metzelers. Better safe then sorry. :-D

Rick........................
If you do a bit of research you will find that Metzeler is owned by Pirelli. Indeed, most Pirelli motorcycle tyres supplied to the UK are made in Metzeler's factory in Germany, although some also come from a shared factory in Brazil. I think you will find that under the skin, Pirelli Demons and Metzeler Lasertecs are very similar. At the end of the day they are both very good tyres that suit our Bonnies and Thruxtons well. You won't go far wrong with either of them.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd heard that about Metzler/Pirrelli as well, I haven't seen the Lasertech, but am so completely amazed by the performance of the Demon's well, why switch.

The truth is the race got a bit boring after the first pit stops, at the end I was just lookin for a reason to stay engaged... Between Chaz Davies performance, I truely thought he had a spot on the podium till the last pit stop... the race leaders sportin Pirelli's well ya know, doesn't take much to entertain me.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweat -

Ya but I didn't think being Pissed Off about someone else's comment worth the effort.

I know it's funny... and I always seem to set myself up for these things, but a guy can only take so much!

The good news is I got ma new lid, and got to scorch the local back roads Saturday !

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
The current Daytona 200 is an imitation of the real race that it used to be. Little 600 cc bikes running 2 -100 mile heats?? No offense to the winners or any of the competitors
but I get no thrill out of this deal. I must be getting old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts