Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed a K&N filter, removed the snorkel & restrictor plate & increased the main jet size.
I thought I had this sussed because I read everything I could find, but no ways there is always a new "challenge" to test one.
1) 12 screws hold the right side airbox cover on, several of them are not accessible without moving the whole airbox.
2) There a a miserable excuse for a sealing gasket stuck on with some or other goop that comes loose, I took the Cyanoacrylate to it before re-assembly.
3) There is no getting away from the soft carb screws, I got all but the SOB on the left carb inside right loose & eventually removed the carbs a cut a slot with a Dremel tool to get a decent screwdriver on it. SS screws in there now problem solved.
Reassembly & jetting is easy.
4) Oh the K&N filter is too long, it does not fit inside the plastic tabs on the right side of the airbox so it sticks out the other end. Luckily, I ordered a Bellmouth which takes this into account otherwise it would have been a problem.
The bike feels so much better right from idle through to full throttle, it sounds different from the pipes as well & am well pleased with the modifications.
Problem is yesterday I was knocked on my arse by a car & the bike is now buggered for the time being, life is not fair.
Love my Thrux
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am bruised & sore, luckily I was wearing my kit otherwise it would have been messy.
Problem is the bike though, it will take months to import all the new bits & thankfully I am insured especially with the exchange rate of the SA currency at the moment.
Thanks for your concern
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top