Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gotta 66 Triumph T100C

It currently has NGK B7ES plugs in it.
Is that a suitable replacement?
TIA

ps, tried a search and didn't get much in return

·
Registered
372 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the ones you have. You have the option to go one range hotter or colder but only if needed. Some guys swear that Champions work better and that they had problems with NGK. I had problems with Champion and prefer NGK but I go the extra and use an Iridium version. Same number followed by an IX suffix. Although they're the same heat range, they provide a hotter spark on a smaller center electrode and thus better power and less chance of fouling. The iridium prevents the plug from burning up.
All that to say that in the end, use what works for you buddy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's nothing wrong with the ones you have. You have the option to go one range hotter or colder but only if needed. Some guys swear that Champions work better and that they had problems with NGK. I had problems with Champion and prefer NGK but I go the extra and use an Iridium version. Same number followed by an IX suffix. Although they're the same heat range, they provide a hotter spark on a smaller center electrode and thus better power and less chance of fouling. The iridium prevents the plug from burning up.
All that to say that in the end, use what works for you buddy.
Thanks a million!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts