Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On rides of more than a couple of hours my throttle hand frequently goes to sleep, I think due to the vibration of the handle bars. It's not a very strong vibration, but it's enough. To counter the problem I've been looking at different hand grips, and believe that the old Gran Turismo type grips would work. I had them on bikes years ago and remember how much I liked them.

The problem is figuring out exactly what size grips to get. Most of them are for 7/8" bars, but the America has 1" bars. I found a pair of Vintage Gran Turismo grips that are 1" left side, 1 1/4" right side and 4 1/2" long. Is the 1 1/4" the right size for the throttle? I measured the length of my original grips and they're right around 4 1/2", so I think these grips would work.

I would appreciate any comments on these being the right size grips.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,170 Posts
You need a pair of 1" grips. The right side will be bigger to accommodate the throttle twist grip.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need a pair of 1" grips. The right side will be bigger to accommodate the throttle twist grip.
Thanks. That pretty much confirms what I thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts